Jewish Weddings
Options

Programs?

Hi all,
I've been reading everyones posts for months now and I wanted to thank you all for teaching me lots of stuff. Now that my wedding is just a few weeks away, I realized I need to get my programs together. Here is where is gets complicated: I was raised Modern Orthodox and my fiance was raised Conservative. I'm trying to strike a balance between explaining everything that will be happening to the people who have never been to an Orthodox wedding before with not boring the people who have.

Any ideas?

If possible, I would appreciate it if you could send your programs over so I can mix and match what makes the most sense for us.

Thank you for all of your help!

Re: Programs?

• Options
    mickeypottermickeypotter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love to see what you come up with
  • Options
    RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I had a Conservative ceremony where we both gave rings to each other under the chuppah... but when I gave DH a ring our Rabbi made sure to separate it from when he gave me mine (I don't remember how exactly, maybe he read part of the ketubah out loud, and then also we said different things to each other ... anywho, besides that I am pretty sure that the ceremony would be up to orthodox standards, if anyone would like my program please leave an email address and I can email it.

BTW - besides possibly the bride giving the groom a ring under the chuppah, I don't really think there is much difference between a Conservative and Orthodox ceremony, is there?  I suppose all Rabbis are different, and mine was on the more traditional end...
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rachiemoo, I'd love to see your program.

mlehecka (at) perma (dot) org

Thanks you!!
    TTC the journey begins October 2011 image
  • Options
    mickeypottermickeypotter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rachiemoo, me too. Please send me what you did ss8334 dot yahoo dot com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    just sent it :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mickey it didn't work when i tried to email you... is that the correct email address?
  • Options
    Danaz1Danaz1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    just sent mine also
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies! :)
    TTC the journey begins October 2011 image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rachiemoo,
    Could you send me your program as well?

Persephone11185 @ aol . com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards