Jewish Weddings

Above and Beyond Catering in NYC?

For you kallahs in NYC, have you or do you know of anyone that has used Above and Beyond?  I am just finding it a bit much to try and find a venue on my own and have decided to perhaps look into hiring someone to select the right venue and caterer for me (everything else I can pretty much do myself).If so, how was the experience, price, etc..  Thanks.

Re: Above and Beyond Catering in NYC?

• edited December 2011
    Never even heard of them! We are using prestige and our first tasting is this Sunday....the other ones I have heard that are good are Foremost and Main Event
  • edited December 2011
    When we thought we'd have our wedding this year, we spoke with someone at Prestige and got really excited.  Then the holidays came and despite all my emails, never got a response back.  It's too bad because we probably could have worked well together, but that experience left a bad taste in my mouth. Hope the tasting goes well.
  • edited December 2011
    Actually, I have the same complaint. Allan is AWFUL at getting in touch....we have been playing email phone tag since september (after we signed a contract)....and I was really getting po'd BUT from what I understand....these guys are just machers and since they do so many weddings all the time (like at least 6 a week all year long) they are focused on those events and not the ones months down the road....now that we are less than 3 months away he has been somewhat more responsive....I think they do this all the time, it's routine for them, their food is great and they have a system down to ensure the evening is seamless so they dont feel they need to be in touch with you on an on-going basis....i wish they were more responsive-communicative....i will see how this tasting goes on sunday....that will be my barometer!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Curious, where are you having your wedding?  Did you pick your own venue and Prestige is catering or are you using one of their locations?  Let me know and also how your tasting went; if you really enjoy it, then perhaps I'll reconsider because I have to say, they definitely offered a lot and the price (at least when we were going to consider Hollis Hills Jewish Center), was beyond wonderful.Thanks.
  • edited December 2011
    i don't know anything about that caterer.  we are using foremost, my wedding planner says that they are the best glatt kosher caterers in NYC.  i don't know if they help with venues or anything like that, we had our venue already. 
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickersphoto 307df189-2dc4-4bea-9b76-9ac6ceda8155_zps59ea37ee.jpgphoto c779d75a-0807-4fcc-b206-432ab43bdb6d_zpsf12ebd56.jpg
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info, I've heard many things about Foremost.  Since we are seeking out our own venue, then we'll have a host of caterers at our fingertips.  I was just curious because there are a ton of other kosher caterers out there (aside from the usual referrals of Prestige, Foremost/Ram, Signature) and I was curious if it was worth while.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards