Jewish Weddings
Options

Eco-Friendly Kippah

Has anyone seen these? We really want to use them but we have no idea what they actually look like. Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Eco-Friendly Kippah

• Options
    sunburst29sunburst29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can order a sample.  We ordered a sample and they look and feel a little plasticy.
  • Options
    MoFreeMoFree member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband's cousin used them at her wedding last fall. She ordered them http://www.a-zara.com/p219100.htm and was very satisfied with the service. Frankly, I think the idea of the product being earth friendly takes precedence over any other factors. I did not have any issues with either the look or feel of the kippah. I'm really sorry that I didn't know about this when I got married in 2007. They are made from recycled cardboard and cannot be personalized so they had a little label attached to say "Wedding of ..." She ordered an odd lot of remnants but they also come in a wide variety of colors.
  • Options
    JReneeJRenee member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    KoolKipah.com carries these as well...
  • Options
    RedZeeRedZee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ordered them through zaramart.com.They do feel a bit weird compared to the standard kippah. But, for me, the earth friendly part was very important. We haven't gotten ANY comments on them - good or bad.They usually have 1 color on sale each month. Keep your eyes peeled for your color.The service was great. The only thing I didn't love was the flier they send with the kippahs. It's not well written so we didn't use it. We decided to let the labels speak for themselves and that we didn't need to flaunt our eco-friendliness.
    imageimage
    October 2013 February Siggy Challenge: Valentine's Day Fail Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    EDD 10/3/13 BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We ordered them for our wedding, though they haven't come in yet.  I can follow up when they do! We got a sample from a-zara and were not thrilled with those.We came across jessyjudaica.com.  The way they describe theirs (had several correspondences besides the descriptions on their website) they sound different and nicer.  Though they wouldn't send a sample.  We took a chance and ordered them anyway and are hoping for the best!It wasnt a matter of question for us, we're having a vegetarian wedding, so we knew we wouldn't be having animal material.. but also don't like the satin-y ones.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely let me know how they turn out from jessyjudica! Good luck with them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got ours from Zara Mart, totally love them.  They look like normal suede kippot, just feel a bit different.  Service was great too...I designed the label myself, and they were super helpful with that
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just wanted to follow up on my previous post.  The ones we got from jessyjudaica were HIDEOUS.   They used a different color threading than the color of the kippa and my mom continues to refer to them as "clown kippas". They actually were pretty good about refunding us easily.We then ordered from zaramart and were MUCH HAPPIER with them.  We had originally gotten a sample in a different color and the material was different.. but we ended up just going with black, which was much better.  We wish they were a little less expensive, but oh well. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards