Jewish Weddings

***BenandDina***

http://www.amazon.com/Taking-Charge-Your-Fertility-Anniversary/dp/0060881909/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1253301710&sr=8-1There is a wonderful website and forum for the book, as well...www.tcoyf.orgMy BFF gave me this book, and it really opened my eyes. I was on BCPs when I got it, and just 1 cycle after going off of them we conceived b/c I followed the charting they described. Even if you don't conceive using it, it helps you pinpoint what may be the cause. It's also good for avoiding and family planning....and she does mention mikvah practices a little bit. I will (hopefully) never go back to hormones again! Let me know if you have any questions!
The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)

Re: ***BenandDina***

• MoFreeMoFree member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think TCOYF should be required reading for middle school girls so they can really understand how thei rbody works. My only issue is that too little attention is paid to the male factor, which accounts for 50% of fertility issues . I read somewhere that 40% are due to strictly female factors, 40% to strictly male and 20% to a combnation of male and female factors. There are also some REs who do not give charting a lot of credence, since it tell you after the fact rather than when you are going to ovulate, but in general I think it's a great book for anyone in the beginning stages of TTC.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, honeys!  Buying it now...
  • tenofcups4metenofcups4me member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [quote] I think TCOYF should be required reading for middle school girls so they can really understand how thei rbody works. [/quote] I completely agree! I didn't read it till I was in my late 30s/early 40s and I was shocked about how much I didn't know really understand about my body. I had all the general health and sex ed in school and the normal conversations with my mother and then later with friends -- and I still felt completely ignorant after I read the book and realized what I hadn't known. Great book -- highly recommend it!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP! I thought my BFF was weird when she gave it to me, but I love it! It's a little easier to predict things if you use the software ( I tried it the month we conceived for the free trial).
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards