Jewish Weddings

Rachiemoo

Rachel,I know you used Main Events and I think that I may contract with them, as they have done so many events at our venue so they are familiar with the setting, staff, and how to do the set-up, etc.I got an initial proposal; after the holidays I will make an appointment to meet and get more specific about things.  But I was curious:1.  Did you buy your own liquor or did you just pay the extra money and had them supply the alcohol (we would like an open bar for the entire night).  If you purchased, did you have plenty for the entire event?2.  Did you offer just two or three entrees, or did you have the guests choose their meals ahead of time?  I'm trying to find a lot of ways to save so if having guests pick out their meals ahead of times means I can use that extra money for another facet of the reception, why not, right?Thanks for your help.  You can also email me directly if that's more convenient.  slbrizard at yahooShabbat shalom.

Re: Rachiemoo

• RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hello and Shabbat Shalom to you as well! 1. For the wedding we had them supply the alcohol. This is mostly because my IL's had them cater our engagement party, and it was a little bit challenging having to find all of the kosher alcohol, I remember my FIL had to drive all around Brooklyn looking for kosher tripple sec. at the last minute, etc. 2. We just had one entree, which was the duet of chateaubriand and grilled chicken breast. We then of course also had a vegetarian option as well. My situation might have been a little different then yours, because our venue uses main event as their in house kosher caterer, so I don't even think we had a choice about having the guests choose entrees ahead of time or not, they kind of just told us that this was how it was done and I went with the flow. It was nice not to worry about tallying up their dinner choices though. If you're interested in doing what I did (just having the one entree of chicken and beef + a vegetarian option), that might save you money and time - ask them if its possible for them to do that. hth!
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info.  I was given two different price quotes - I could do the duet and there would be a vegetarian and fish option on hand if anyone asked, or pay $10 extra a person to have a meat, chicken, and dish and if anyone wanted, a vegetarian on-hand. I guess I'm not sure what the difference between if you still have all food options; perhaps if there's only the duet folks will only order that, even though they will have the option of ordering fish?  I'll have to discuss it more in detail; certainly if I did just that then the money saved will go to alcohol. My venue, even though I can go with anyone, raved about ME and I know so many, including you, have discussed it here, so that's probably the route I'm going to go.  Plus, the menu just sounds chic, in that NYC sort of way and I'm hoping to have the affair on the upscale side... until the music starts and everyone can then let their hair down (so to speak).  :-) Thanks again for the advice.
  • edited December 2011
    Just one more question - did you opt to have menus at the table?  If so, at each place or maybe two at the table?  I think I'm going with the duet; the extra saved money can go to alcohol or other areas of the day.  Was debating whether I'd create my own menus; right now, the menus is simple (salad/app blend, entree, dessert).  I may ask about adding a separate course, making it app, salad, entree and then dessert.Thanks much!
  • RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    no i don't believe we had menus at the tables, at least not that I was aware/remember. I did not make my own, it was just one of the details that I decided we could do without, if you want to do them though then I think you should go for it! I think the duet is a very good choice!
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards