Jewish Weddings
Options

Show me your...

Ceremony flowers! I'm having a hard time deciding how we should do flowers for the ceremony. Lining the aisle, on the chuppah poles, beside the chuppah...TIA!

Re: Show me your...

• Options
    RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    pics in profile. i had a chuppah decorated with flowers and then rosepetals scattered on the ground of the aisle (it was outdoors).
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Danaz1Danaz1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we lined the aisle with flowers submerged in water in glass vases. One tall vase and one mushroom shaped vase. they alternated down the aisle with candles floating in them. you can look at them at this website under ceremony. https://www.collages.net/ConsumerSite/GuestLogin.aspx?eventcode=482636
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ShoshieShoshie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pics in Bio :)
    Adam & Shoshie 10-21-07: "My family is big and loud and everybody's in each other's lives and business. ... but wherever I go, they will always be there." * My Blog: Tales of a Hopeful Jewish Mom to Be * BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a chuppah assymetrically draped with white organza, topped with an arrangement of white magnolia flowers, roses and calla lilies, and a garland of silver and gold plumosus leaves.  We didn't do an aisle runner, as the floor of the venue was a gorgeous hardwood mosaic, so we opted for scattered white rose petals instead.  There was a really tall arrangement (50' glass vessel) of silver and gold baby's breath in a cluster at the entrance.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our shul is very nice, having been renovated just a few years ago.  We'll probably do a very simple aisle runner, but as far as other decorations, I'll either have bows on every other pew, possibly some tulle cascasding down the aisle, or nothing at all. Chuppah is still to be determined.  Not sure if we'll have a standing one, in which case just some simple flowers on the poles, or if it'll be carried down - in which case nothing.
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had no flowers, other than the bouquets and bout.  The chuppah was decorated with gold sashes and rose lights, and there was a tablecloth and gold sash on the table under the chuppah.  We had pew bows lining the aisle.  We put sashes around all the chairs in the front row (basically as a way of letting people know that's where we wanted them to sit, since we only had about a dozen guests).  That was it for decorating the sanctuary.  Picture is below:[url=http://sites.google.com/site/2dbride/ceremony/ChuppahInUse.jpg][img]http://sites.google.com/site/2dbride/ceremony/ChuppahInUse.jpg?height=315&width=420[/img][/url]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards