Jewish Weddings

ordering benschers

hi everyone, now that we're less than a year from our date, i'm starting to think about all the items we'll need to order for the wedding. wondering if you can reccomend a place to order benschers? what i'm looking for might be too narrow, i'm now sure: english, hebrew & transliteration printed on recycled paper egalitarian wording (ie. not Artscroll or NCSY) including the usual brachas, sheva brachot, havdalla, and possibly kabbalat shabbat even having a few of these would be great. your suggestions are really appreciated. thanks! v.

Re: ordering benschers

• edited December 2011
    You can order the USY benscher here: https://secure.uscj.org/usy/bencherorder.asp personalized, there are also many songs in the B'kol Echad
  • edited December 2011
    thanks very much, i'll give them a try!
  • silversparkssilversparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The egalitarian ones I know with english, hebrew, and transliteration are:USY (B'kol Echad)Anim ZemirotYedid Nefesh (a brand new one, just came out)Yale Bentcher (Ktav Publishing)Limmud BentcherThey all have lots of songs + the regular brachot, sheva brachot, havdalla, etc. I don't think any have kabbalat shabbat. But I'm not sure about ordering info... and unfortunately I can't think of any printed on recyclable paper
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ShoshieShoshie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were trying to save $$, so my dad downloaded one off the internet and we made copies of it. :)
    Adam & Shoshie 10-21-07: "My family is big and loud and everybody's in each other's lives and business. ... but wherever I go, they will always be there." * My Blog: Tales of a Hopeful Jewish Mom to Be * BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    thanks, everyone! v.
  • edited December 2011
    Shoshie may I ask were your benscher was found online.  We are also on a very tight budget and would like to DIY one ourselves.  TIARae
  • lachlomlachlom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shoshie, not for a wedding but a bar mitzvah I went to, this is what they did. They took the text of birkas hamazon and printed it on a two sided paper, complete with pictures of the bar mitzvah boy. :) It wasn't as fancy and not something you'd add to a bencher collection(if you are Orthodox/regularly use benchers), but it was cheap and it worked!
  • ShoshieShoshie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rae, I'll have to check with my dad. Our feeling was that they few who wanted to say it would say it -- but the majority of our guests really didn't care -- and we were able to save the $$. So we did a "speed bentsch" followed by a lovely Sheva Brachot. :)
    Adam & Shoshie 10-21-07: "My family is big and loud and everybody's in each other's lives and business. ... but wherever I go, they will always be there." * My Blog: Tales of a Hopeful Jewish Mom to Be * BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards