Jewish Weddings

Reception Timeline?

Does anyone have any examples of their reception timeline? When did you do the horah, etc?

Re: Reception Timeline?

• Danaz1Danaz1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we did the horah right as we walked in but many people do it after dinner and do the first dance first. After the horah everyone sat down for salad and then speeches and first dance parent dances and then dance set We did another horah after dinner as well.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have the exact times in front of me, but this is something you'll go over with both the caterer and dj or band, as everyone will need to be on board with what's going on (we will have our final timeline run through six weeks out). As of right now, after we get introduced, we will go into our dance then go into the hora.  After that, everyone will sit and begin the courses and fit the toasts (BM and MOH) accordingly.  I think we may do the mother-son dance after the main entree (we aren't doing daughter-father dance) in order to usher in the dance portion of the evening.  Sometime thereafter, we'll do cake and then back to full time dancing. We haven't decided when but depending on the time, we'll wait about 20-30 to call out a few folks to bench (most guests will be non-Jews or secular, so we are only going to have a few of us bench in a separate area), then it's back to dancing until the night is over.  Hope this has helped a bit.  Again, you'll be doing the timeline with your vendors, but it's good to go in there with a few ideas.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    We did: First Dance Toasts Dinner Hora Cake Cutting
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards