Jewish Weddings
Options

Benchers?

Hi all! I am starting to look at where to get my benchers from and it's harder than I thought. Any suggestions as to where I can order them from? I love the prices on yarmulkes.com but they have the more traditional transliteration and I would prefer a little more modern (os vs. ot). Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Lena

Re: Benchers?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ha, I was just going to make that suggestion.  I know what you mean, I ordered from them anyway because I can read Hebrew alright to make the switch, but the few that are involved generally speak in the former (and I didn't have many options, by the time I had to order, for the latter).  GL.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    when did you order? i'm a little more than 2 months out. i'll be fine with the hebrew but i know some of my guests will use the transliteration.
  • Options
    ShoshieShoshie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My father actually printed off some for us -- he went online and just made booklets. We put a few on each table and those who wanted to bentsch could so so.
    Adam & Shoshie 10-21-07: "My family is big and loud and everybody's in each other's lives and business. ... but wherever I go, they will always be there." * My Blog: Tales of a Hopeful Jewish Mom to Be * BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I put in the order on May 3rd and got the call today that they are ready, and my wedding is this Sunday, so that's about 3 1/2 weeks.  I would have ordered sooner, but had other things on my plate, so you still have time but I would do it no later than the one month mark to play it safe.  Oh, and we ordered 100, just to give you a time frame.

FYI, and I only mention this because I took it for granted since many places are open (and open later) on Fridays, the store is only open Sun-Thurs - my FI will be picking them up tomorrow since I can't do so Friday. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we ordered ours from www.yedidnefesh.net and they are FANTASTIC!  they include english, hebrew and transliteration for everything.   it uses progressive language in a traditional context.  i highly recomend!

they also have a special wedding section and explanations as to both the origins of the blessings as well as how to say/do them.  it includes a huge section of short and long songs and all kinds of interesting factoids about the birkat hamazon and its traditions. 

i highly recommend.  we also personalized the covers, and they came out smashing. 

here's what their website says about their benschers (they have two versions): 
    A new, egalitarian bencher with full translation and transliteration

• Options
    sari5765sari5765 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're looking at L'chu N'ran'nah and Nevarech. Although, since we have mostly non-Jewish guests, we're considering putting together something of our own...I have to talk to our rabbi about that though. Not sure what's acceptable/what we could abbreviated. I'd love to do it all, but it might not be feasible. 

check out our wedding blog at http://kellyandsari.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sari, if you can do that, then I'd recommend doing so - or ordering less expensive benchers.  We had a ton of left overs because most of our guests are non-Jews and really didn't know what they were or would find them as much of a keepsake.  So I was glad I didn't spend too much!
  • Options
    sari5765sari5765 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tip!
    check out our wedding blog at http://kellyandsari.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards