Jewish Weddings

What to expect to pay for Ketubah? Any codes to save money?

We just looked on Ketubah Ketubah.com and the one we picked totalled in 300. I was so shocked. Before we get it I wanted to see where other people oredered their Ketubah from? Maybe someone can suggets a more Budget Friendly one or a promo code to somewhere that has nice Ketubahs as well. Also, nervous to even start my search on Kippah's. I can't imagine the price. Anyone you rec? Or who you order them from? Thanks

Re: What to expect to pay for Ketubah? Any codes to save money?

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For a ketubah:  You might check out eBay.  There are always ones there for about $50.

Another alternative is to look at Etsy.  There are quite a number for sale there, with prices as low as $60.

We ordered our kippot from MazelTops.  We were quite impressed with both the service and the quality.
  • edited December 2011
    $300 is pretty typical. You can google for promotion codes for whichever website you choose and should be able to find some discount codes.

Some websites offer less expensive options (usually smaller). Etsy has some options as suggested above. I found a local printer that helped us but they do online orders too www.documentsanddesigns.com it was $85 but I had the translations already and I had a simple image so pricing will vary. The sites like mpartwork.com and ketubah.com have very beautiful designs that are truly artwork and that's what you are paying for, plus they are personalized too which causes the price to increase. You can get a standard ketubah where you fill in the info for a very low price.

We got our kippot from skullcap.com and paid paid $170 for 60 personalized suede kippot including tax and shipping.
    TTC the journey begins October 2011 image
  • eks36eks36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how you feel about this, but we designed our own ketubah and then had it printed through Zazzle. Ended up costing maybe $30? We might have used some coupon code, I don't remember. Meant that we came up with a design that we loved and that was unique for us, but that we didn't pay as much as having another artist produce it for us. (I also did our invitations this way, designing them and printing them through Zazzle.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we paid about $300 for ours from ketubah ketubah.  if you find one you really like, spend the money.  this is a piece of art you will be looking at the rest of your life, so - amortized over the next 30 or 40 years of marriage at some point the cost will be irrelevant. 

on the other hand, by contrast, the thousands of dollars we often spend on decor and dress, etc only last the one day.  in that light $300 for a lifetime artwork isn't that much.
  • Ark2Ark2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got ours from Theketubahcompany.com and we love. They do the personalization for free, so you know what you are paying for when choosing the ketubah (I believe we only paid extra for shipping) plus they have a good selection for a lower price. They also are very easy to work with, answered all of our questions very quickly and sent the ketubah very fast.
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We purchased ours at www.ketubahsandmore.com. They email you a 10% off coupon code, so our ketubah ended up costing $177 including shipping, not too bad.  However, the custom frame, which I purchased at Michael's with a 60% off coupon, cost $138!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards