Jewish Weddings
Options

Including a friend

I have a very close friend that is not in our bridal party for a few reasons, mainly because I have 4 bridesmaids and all are family except for my MOH. My friend and I are incredibly close and I'd like to include her in our wedding day in someway. She is not Jewish. Thanks for your ideas!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Including a friend

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's funny because none of my bridesmaids are Jewish! But you could have her be an usher or help to pass out programs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Other roles that she could have include being a Chuppah Holder, do a reading, hand out programs/kippot, or be a Yechud Guard (if you're doing Yechud).  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She can basically do anything you'd want as long as she herself is not under the chuppah.  If you want her to do a reading, etc, they can always set up a mic to the side of the chuppah for her to read from.

Half of my girls aren't Jewish (including the MOH) and the Best Man isn't Jewish either.
    ExerciseMilestone image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had female friends sign the marriage license because we used guys for the ketubah.
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards