Jewish Weddings
Options

Kosher Beer?

What brands of beer are Kosher?  I'm ordering wine and beer in bulk for my reception, and I'm familiar with brands of Kosher wine, but I don't drink beer, so I'm not sure which beers are Kosher.

Re: Kosher Beer?

• Options
    edited December 2011

If you want specific names, aside from He-Brew, I can't think of many off the top of my head.  But many of the "regular" beers are kosher anyway, such as Budweiser, Heineken, Blue Moon, just to name a few.  Just do a google search on a reputable kosher site and you'll easily find a list of all the beers; your caterer can also provide you a list.

We'll be ordering our own alcohol as well (cheaper) and we'll likely have Blue Moon and one other top of beer.

• Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    He-Brew, LOL, good one, slbriz!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In addition to He-Brew there is Macabee, but I believe PP is right about the Kashrut of other beers.  He-Brew + Macabee are Israel rather than just kosher.
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I thought He-Brew was a joke, oops!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL, no worries - it's all a learning experience!  I've never tried it but it would look cool to serve it at a wedding.  :)
  • Options
    LansincaLansinca member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a brewery called Redhook Ale.  They have a couple of breweries in WA state and one in New Hampshire.  They are Kosher and have a bunch of different kinds of beer, all of which are fantastic.  You should look into that brand, it is well distributed across the US.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ask your rabbi. ours gave us a list, and I'm pretty sure most typical beers were on there.  We are having kegs at our wedding :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Unflavored beers can generally be assumed to be kosher even without a heksher, so you would be fine with all of the common brands.  Ask your Rabbi or the attendee who keeps the strictes kashrut if you need more guidance for your needs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards