Jewish Weddings

Glatt Kosher Venues - Northern NJ, Rockland, Westchester

I'm looking for a place that has a kosher kitchen in northern NJ, Westchester, or Rockland. Any ideas? Large wedding - like 250 people. I'm newly engaged (and reform) but fiance is more observant. Help! I'm looking at Emanu El in Closter... anythinh else?
Engaged July 2012; Planning Fall 2013 wedding; NYC location; Jewish. I'm interested to hear from recently engaged ladies!

Re: Glatt Kosher Venues - Northern NJ, Rockland, Westchester

• i got married at the view on the hudson in rockland.  i think 250 is their max # of guests, so it may be a little tight, but you might want to check them out.

i think that the pearl river hilton can also do kosher. very pretty there.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_jewish-weddings_glatt-kosher-venues-northern-nj-rockland-westchester?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:399Discussion:4169eb45-ab01-47f4-8d5a-a3557e3f48c7Post:d90b9619-29a8-43fb-ac12-7fb6ff7a9532">Re: Glatt Kosher Venues - Northern NJ, Rockland, Westchester</a>:
    [QUOTE]i got married at the view on the hudson in rockland.  i think 250 is their max # of guests, so it may be a little tight, but you might want to check them out. i think that the pearl river hilton can also do kosher. very pretty there.
    Posted by Rachiemoo[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thank you!!!</div>
    Engaged July 2012; Planning Fall 2013 wedding; NYC location; Jewish. I'm interested to hear from recently engaged ladies!
  • A friend of mine just got married in May at Emanu-el in Closter. While I was not at the wedding, I can say from pictures I've seen its a very "pretty" venue. 
    Good Luck
  • Hi Jillian, 
    Congratulations! I just went through the same search, myself, and looked at a ton of places in NYC and NJ. We ended up with Crystal Plaza, which is in Livingston, NJ. The wedding isn't until December, so I can't speak to my own wedding experience, but everything so far has been wonderful and I'm feeling really good and excited about things, and have had no stress yet with this aspect of the planning. Crystal Plaza made the most sense for us since (and I know this is a ton of info, but I remember wanting as much info as possible when I was doing research):
    • They take care of everything: catering, cake, planning, liquor, linens, etc., which is huge for us since my parents live out of town and this makes things easier on everyone, particularly them. The people there are amazingly attentive. You won't need to hire a wedding planner or coordinator if you get married here.
    • Their kosher catering (they offer both glatt and regular kosher catering) is supposed to be the absollute best in the area. They don't do tastings, but I have family in the area who have had their food many times, both in CP and offsite, and they all say it's the best, and the reviews back that up (there are a lot on Wedding Wire, and elsewhere online). They don't do tastings, which would make me nervous if they didn't have such a completely stellar reputation.
    • The place is absolutely GORGEOUS; a historic mansion that is rich, lush, and perfectly maintained--I keep envisioning the day and I still can't believe that we get to get married there. While it won't be so useful for our winter wedding (escept for photo opps), they have a stunning outdoor space that will make for a beautiful outdoor ceremony, if that's what you're looking for. We went on a sunny day in June, and the landscaping and space was so beautiful that it almost made me want to push the wedding to the spring.
    • They have the right layout for a more traditional conservative/orthodox wedding, with separate spaces for a groom's tisch and a bedeken to go on simultaneously, a beautiful chapel space, and a reception room. There won't need to be any turning over of the rooms, and there is room for up to 400, I believe. We are having less, probably just under 200, but they are such pros at this that I'm not worried about it looking empty. I think it will be really perfect for a wedding of your size. They also only do one wedding at a time, which was important to us. A lot of non-synagogue places with in house kosher catering are wedding factories. 
    • Their prices are shockingly reasonable for what they offer and are all inclusive, including valet parking, generous menu and cocktail hour/schmorg options, top shelf open bar, a 2:1 waiter to table ratio, bridal, bathroom, and other attendants, and a lot of other things. Other places charge more for a lot less.
    • The people are amazing to work with and absolutely the best. The bridal attendants are supposed to be great, as well, with super-smooth wedding days
    • It's easy to get to from Manhattan, where most of our friends will be coming from and I imagine a lot of our out of towners will stay for the weekend. It's about half an hour from midtown and a $65 car service ride, which is super reasonable, especially when split between 4 passengers, and NJ transit has buses and trains that drop off nearby
    • There are a couple of great 4-5 star hotel options nearby that work with CP often and have transportation options, and we have a lot of out of towners. 

You should also check out http://orthodoxjewishwedding.blogspot.com/p/wedding-venue-costs-in-ny-nj.html, which has a pretty comprehensive list of kosher venues in the area and their seating capacity. The info and pricing are for a 2010 winter wedding, so things have changed since then, but it is still very useful. Note that a lot of places are spaces where you can bring in your own kosher caterer. Some places in Westchester that aren't on there that I looked at are The Fountainhead, The Renaissance Hotel Westchester, and Beth El. There are also some great places in Long Island, if you are okay with a synagogue venue. 

I hope this is helpful! Good luck with your search.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_jewish-weddings_glatt-kosher-venues-northern-nj-rockland-westchester?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:399Discussion:4169eb45-ab01-47f4-8d5a-a3557e3f48c7Post:85813d72-5b76-42b6-91da-45fa50630648">Glatt Kosher Venues - Northern NJ, Rockland, Westchester</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm looking for a place that has a kosher kitchen in northern NJ, Westchester, or Rockland. Any ideas? Large wedding - like 250 people. I'm newly engaged (and reform) but fiance is more observant. Help! I'm looking at Emanu El in Closter... anythinh else?
    Posted by jillianandmichael2013[/QUOTE]

I haven't been on here in a long time, but, I got married at the Crystal Plaza and it was incredible!!
    Lisa
    The Knot lost my info, but, I've been married since 6/19/05!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards