Jewish Weddings
Options

Wording for Program

Hello! Does anyone have correct hebrew text (hebrew lettering) that I can grab for my program booklet that says: zichrono livracha  - his (or her) memory shall be blessed.

thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wording for Program

• Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That correct phrase is "Zichro livracha" (זכרו לברכה) and not "Zhichrono livracha" (זכרונו לברכה). While both translate to "may his memory be blessed", the latter means the deceased's memories, the former means the remembrance of the deceased. (It's a common mistake.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    2ndBride - Thanks! I had actually grabbed the hebrew from the program you posted on here, but my Rabbi told me the letters were backwards.  I tried to flip them in word (a mirror flip) but couldn't get it to work.  So I'm trying to get the correct hebrew spelling somewhere so I can paste it into the program.
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, that is just plain weird.  It was an image rather than the letters--I wonder how it got flipped?

You didn't actually want what we had anyway.  It was the plural form, as we had two relatives who had recently died, i.e., "May their memories be a blessing" instead of "May his (or her) memory be a blessing."

Hmm...  If you copy my Hebrew letters in the above post, it looks like they will get reversed if you paste them into a document.  You'll therefore have to copy one letter at a time and put it in the correct place.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I'll take a look at it, I appreciate your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards