Texas-San Antonio

David's Bridal 410 and Bandera! DON"T GO!!!

We went in there yesterday at 4pm, they closed at 6 and the lady refused to let us even look at dresses...she said we had to have an appointment and I told her I was just wanting to LOOK at dresses so I can see them in person, not try them on  and she said the bridal section is already closed....2 hours early!!?? She was just absolutely rude and snooty to us, DOn't go there...pass it on!

We went to a few other places near by and they were more than welcoming to us, even when we walked in 10 minutes to closing!! We weren't there to try on dresses, only to look and see what things looked like in person as opposed to online!

Re: David's Bridal 410 and Bandera! DON"T GO!!!

• edited December 2011
    The David's by Northstar Mall has been good with me so far.  I was suspicious of David's after using them for a bridesmaid dress (this was in Massachusetts) but I haven't had problems here.  I did have an appointment when I went to try on my dress initially but for all the follow up stuff I've just showed up and they've accommodated me.  Sorry you had a bad experience.  Good luck finding a dress.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know who you dealt with, but when I went there I dealt with a couple ladies and they were really nice and very helpful. Maybe she was having a pissy day.
  • edited December 2011
    Go to Mayfair Bridal. They are awesome, unless you already know which David's Bridal gown you want.
  • ZumbaAutumnZumbaAutumn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I won't step foot in there again-to me, that is the rudest customer service ever...you NEVER tell someone a section is closed 2 hours before closing!! I understand maybe not having time for try ons but for someone who just wanted to simply look at dresses, is just plain rude!!

I went to a local place up here in Austin and found my dress...
  • TTiger03TTiger03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to 410 at Northstar for my dress because I had a specific dress in mind.  I got my dress, but still really don't like my sales lady.  She keeps calling me every two weeks for bridesmaids gowns.  I told her the girls were waiting until closer (back in March... wedding is NEXT May).  When the girls decided to go ahead and look at dresses in June I was quick to tell the manager I did not want to work with Rachel any more.  She had already messed up my appointment date twice on the record book (scheduled my June Saturday appointment for a Wednesday in May and then called less than a week before my appointment to ask if I was ever going to make an appointment) and THEN wasn't even there at the appointment date.  The manager said thank you and they would take her off my list.  She is STILL calling and leaving me messages during the day.  The other ladies at the store were very nice and my bridesmaids have had excellent service. I agree that if you are looking for an appointment where you feel like the star of the day, David's is not the place to go.  I knew that going in for my dress, but I just had to try on the dress I had seen online and it was as pretty as I thought it would be. -- They are only good because they have some nice and fairly affordable dresses.
    As for the other store, I went to David's on 410 near Ingram for a maid of honor dress for a friend's wedding and they couldn't have been more rude to me.  I told them I needed to look at bridesmaids dresses and they told me I couldn't look unless the bride was there or had listed the dresses she wanted us to get.  The bride (and wedding) were in Houston.  She had told me to go find something I liked and take lots of pictures.  The woman at the store only let me touch 2 dresses before she told me I had too many in my hand.  My mom and I ignored her and got someone else to give us a room so I could take some pictures but decided we would never go to that location, even though it's closer, ever again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards