Jewish Weddings

Suggestions for NY/NJ Photographer and Videographer for a Jewish Wedding

Hi,

I'm looking for a photographer and videographer in the NY/NJ area with experience with Jewish weddings.  Would anyone have any suggestions?  We are looking for someone who has photojournalism experience, but that is not too expensive.

Thanks!

Re: Suggestions for NY/NJ Photographer and Videographer for a Jewish Wedding

• RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would not suggest my own photographer, however I've heard a lot of people really like Kenny Pang for photography.  On his website it says his prices start at $3,500.  Here is a link to his website (look for the link to his blog where you can see tons of his pictures).  He does a lot of different cultural / religious weddings and I'm pretty sure I've seen a good amount of Jewish weddings on his blog. 

http://www.kennypang.com/
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Thanks!  I guess that we aren't looking to spend more than $3,000 including additional prints, albums, everything. 

• edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I guess that we were hoping to not spend more than $3,000.
  • RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    oh okay - i'm not sure of his exact pricing, but a lot of people on the hudson valley board have raved about Nick Carter and I remember people saying he was afordable, but I am not sure of his exact pricing.  He could be worth checking out.

http://www.nickcarterweddings.com/
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • RedZeeRedZee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also would not recommend my photographer, H&H photographers.

I think $3k for everything might be tough. I'd suggest looking on Craigslist. It's a higher risk, but you can probably find someone who will do it for great prices.

Also, a random (unrequested) tip: Our photographer basically ignored my husband's side and focused mostly on me and a little bit on my family (especially during the reception). SInce then, we've met at least 3 other couples who had the same experience.
    imageimage
    October 2013 February Siggy Challenge: Valentine's Day Fail Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    EDD 10/3/13 BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    $3k is definitely doable, if you want to create your own albums and/or don't need as many albums.

I am paying slightly more than half for 10 hours of shooting and all my images on dvd with one bridal album (I prefer to create the albums myself), but my photographer does have folios and inexpensive albums for family gifts if desired.  And if you wanted less photography time, that's more money at your disposal that would go towards albums.

I did quite a bit of research and also got recent bridal referrals so I'm okaywith my choice.  And in looking at all his work, there was a good mix of both sides, so hopefully there won't be an issue of just one side getting photographed (though in my case, his side has the largest family members).  His name is Bill Walsh and he's based out of NJ (Stellaview Studios is his business); the only cost aside from his fees would be travel and tolls, but I think it's worth it.

Feel free to email me if you'd like to know more.  You can find info on him on project wedding and wedding wire, with links to his website that includes all his packages and costs.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recommendation on a photographer!
  • mc9759mc9759 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is the photographer's Name Bill Walsh or is it Bill Louis?? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards