Jewish Weddings

Alternative 7 Blessings, did anyone write your own or have your family and friends write them?

I hope I don't offend anyone with my question, but here goes. I'm not an observant Jew but I do consider myself Jewish. My fiance was raised Catholic but I don't think he considers himself a Catholic now as an adult. He's very respectful of my secular Judaism, I guess you'd call it, and we've hired a Rabbi to perform our ceremony. The idea is to have elements of Jewish culture and the challenge seems to be combining the elements in such a way that it feels comfortable and honest. 

We were looking at some versions of the Sheva Brachot, but nothing feels quite right to me. A traditional approach seems forced and the humanistic version I found seems a little too dry. I've never heard the 7 Blessings custom written but I like the idea that this is a possibility. I'm drawing completely blank on how to go about it, though. I'd love to see yours if you or your friends and family wrote a custom version. If you know of any literature that might have examples, I'd appreciate that info too.

Hope you ladies can help. Thanks in advance.

Re: Alternative 7 Blessings, did anyone write your own or have your family and friends write them?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards