Jewish Weddings

Hamsa Keychain Favors

I love love Hamsas, I'm jewish and my husband is Israeli, and I wanted to share a little piece of that with my guests.  The symbolism of protection is beautiful.  I love arts and crafts and I realized I could make my own!
I can't wait to give them out to my own guests in June! I was thinking of hanging them from a branches of a small tree or something similar to display them.

Re: Hamsa Keychain Favors

• edited December 2011
    I LOVE hamsa's too, in fact I have one of my key chain with the blessing for travelers. I think it's a great idea for a favor :)
  • edited December 2011
    Not going to lie - I think that's a fantastic idea and I might just have to copy it at my own wedding! I wasn't even going to bother with favors but I got to say, that is spectacular. I especially love the idea of hanging them on a tree =) Maybe you can make a little plaque that explains the significance and importance of the hamsa both to you and your FI, as well as symbolically (for the non-Jewish guests).

I like favors that everyone can enjoy. The last wedding I was at (my FSIL), the favor was a wine stopper with a little bird on the top. My FSIL and FBIL are wine drinkers and brew their own beer and wine, so I get why that was cool for them. But to be honest, so many people left them behind. Not everyone drinks wine. FI and I ended up with four of them. I feel like a hamsa keychain is something people would definitely take.

Are you going to write your names and wedding date on the back? 

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so glad you like the idea! I hope everyone at my wedding does take one.
    I was definitely going to write a little something on the  meaning of the hamsa.

I wrote our names and the date on the back and also the word love in hebrew!

Here's a picture! PM me if you need any help.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards