song to walk down the aisle to

ideas?

we have a pianist/singer and a violinist
Visit Jewish.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: song to walk down the aisle to

• Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Most traditional Jewish brides walk down the aisle to "Dodi Li" (at least that's what I did).  But really, anything goes as long as it's not the "Bridal March" by Richard Wagner - he was a virulent anti-Semite!

ETA:  Bridal party walked down to Erev Shel Shoshanim.
  • edited December 2011
    I am going to walk down the aisle to Erev Shel Shoshnim which means Night of the Liles or Roses

A lot of Jewish brides walk down the aisle to Pachbel's Cannon as well.
    Anniversary image
  • edited December 2011
    Something completely different..... I am walking down the aisle to the Intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana by P. Mascagni.  The whole bridal party is walking down to this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LBRM_NJLBRM_NJ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My bridal party walked to Erev Shel Shoshanim and I walked to Yerushalayim Shel Za'hav, which is one of my favorite songs!
    Lisa
    The Knot lost my info, but, I've been married since 6/19/05!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_jewish-weddings_song-walk-down-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:399Discussion:bcb5e9d4-59b1-4eb5-bcd7-38479b500cbcPost:2d9d4b6b-562e-4dea-b290-59d1eaa3fdc7">Re: song to walk down the aisle to</a>:
    [QUOTE]My bridal party walked to Erev Shel Shoshanim and I walked to <strong>Yerushalayim Shel Za'hav, which is one of my favorite songs!
    </strong>Posted by LBRM_NJ[/QUOTE]

I love that song too!  I had the pianist play it pre-ceremony.
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used all classical music, but avoided either Wagner (the official musician of the Third Reich) or Mendelssohn (originally Jewish and converted to Christianity).  For our bridal party, we used Air, from Water Music, by Handel.  For us, we used La Rejouissance (Music For the Royal Fireworks), also by Handel.  A complete list of our ceremony music, including videos, can be found at this link.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm walking to Pachelbel's Canon - I've had my heart set on it for years.  Haven't decided what the WP will walk to though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mickeypottermickeypotter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm walking down using the Theme from Cinema Paradiso (my favorite movie and piece of music). We'll use Jewish music at other points
  • tiny27tiny27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am walking down to Erev Shel Shoshanim
  • razdazzlerazdazzle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridal party walked to dodi li, I walked to erev shel shoshanim
  • arbelarbel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding party will walk to "Gutara veKinor" by Arik Einstein, and I will walk to "Li veLach", the Arik Sinai version.

• LoloKU8182LoloKU8182 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     This is my first post ever on a Knot message board...
    I am trying to figure this out right now too and I have a string quartet

I am thinking maybe Erev Shel Shoshanim for the wedding party??? suggestions welcomed

His mom really wants to walk him down the aisle to Sunrise, Sunset and I am thinking maybe Sabbath Prayer for me but not sure
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards