Jewish Weddings

wording for invitation insert

I want to include an insert in the invitation stating that this is a kosher wedding under rabbinical supervision. What is the proper wording for this?

Re: wording for invitation insert

• Danaz1Danaz1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    are you giving them a choice on what to eat like chicken or beef you could list it there.  We had a kosher wedding and didn't list it.  Are there a lot of people who are strictly kosher coming you couuld just let them know the others won't care. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • silversparkssilversparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure you why need to put it in the invitation. I suspect that people who are concerned will either ask directly, or would know whether or not this was something important to you. I agree with Danaz that the menu choice RSVP would be a good place for it, but I would just put it on the website if you have one.
    Just write in small print at the bottom "All food service at our wedding will be under the kashrut supervision of X".
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would just write "All food served will be Glatt Kosher" (I am assuming it will be if you're serving meat) wherever you see fit.

Even though the technical definition of glatt kosher is meat from animals with smooth or defect-free lungs, the term is often used informally to imply that a product was processed under a stricter standard of kashrut.

We didn't include this information with or on the invitation.  I did write it on our wedding website.  DH's side of the family would just assume that of course all the food is glatt kosher, while my side of the family doesn't care (does not keep kosher), so I didn't feel that we needed to write it on the invite.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards