Jewish Weddings

displaying ketubah during reception

How are you going to display your ketubah during the reception?  I have seen many pictures where it looks like the ketubah has been professionally framed & matted while on display... but there isn't time to do that between the ceremony and reception... What are you planning to do?

Thanks

Re: displaying ketubah during reception

• edited December 2011
    Yes we will have our ketubah displayed during the reception. After the ceremony we will give it to fi's parents to bring to the reception venue and set-up on the easel. It will be displayed next to our sweetheart table.

We might get it matted and framed before the wedding but we're not sure if we'll have time. If not then we will just display it on blank piece of foam core and place a plastic protective cover over it.
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had ours professionally framed and matted before the ceremony, but just left the glass off.  This protected the ketubah from damage while it was being transported, and also meant that no one signed in an area that would be covered by the mat.  We then displayed it on an easel at the ceremony (before and after signing) and at the reception.
  • edited December 2011
    We got a nice, but inexpensive (maybe $18) frame at Michael's and put it on an easel next to the cake. I'm glad we didn't have it done pro b/c somehow it got knocked over (although I didn't find  out until after) and broke.....but at least it protected it from sticky fingers!
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • edited December 2011
    I had purchased a cheapo frame to transport the keubah in and be placed in during the reception.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards