Jewish Weddings
Options

Help Finding Invitations in New York/New Jersey area

Hi,

I'm looking for a places in the New York/New Jersey area to get invitations for a Jewish wedding.  Ideally, it would be nice if the invitations could be eco-friendly (on recycled paper, use soy ink, or aren't shipped from very far, etc.).  I'm also looking for invitations that are colorful.  So far, I haven't really been able to find what I'm looking for online.  Any recommendations would be great!

Thanks!

Re: Help Finding Invitations in New York/New Jersey area

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The only one I can think of off hand is Cohen printing in Teaneck (if you google, you should be able to find the website).  There are lots of places in Brooklyn, such as Empire Press, but you usually have to go into the store (which can be a pain). 

If you are okay ordering things online, go to www.einvite.com  - you can pick out the invite you want, type out your info (both English and Hebrew) and get an online screen shot of what the invite would look like.  I originally wanted to use this, but I wanted to do something else with the text that cannot be done online.

You can always look to just create your own invite and then just have it printed at the printers.  GL.
  • Options
    RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I purchased mine from Kate's Paperie in midtown (a brick and mortor store), they turned out lovely and the staff was easy to work with, but they were over priced imo.

I ordered very affordable invitations from the costco website for my SIL's bridal shower.

Both Kate's Paperie and the costco website offered hebrew invites, I'm not sure if they have eco-friendly options or not, but you could check.

websites for both:
    http://www.katespaperie.com/
    http://www.costco.com/ (just use their search function to search for "invitations")
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the recommendations.  I found some possibilities on Cohen's and Costco's. Slbriz, where did you want up getting your invitations?  Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was going to get them on einvite, but because I decided on a certain design that couldn't be done, I just made them myself in Adobe photoshop (with help, surprising from FI).  It's what I wanted and I think it'll look great.

I haven't printed them yet; I'll either do so at home or head out to Kinko's or some other affordable printer.  But had I not wanted the design I made, I would have done einvite (which is the same company that Costco uses - I'd pay the $50 to get a membership at Costco because the savings is a lot of money, even with the membership fee).  GL and let us know how it comes out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are pretty creative and don't mind designing your own and either taking them out for printing (which means you can probably find a printer with eco-friendly materials) or buying materials online, then I'd suggest that, too.  All depends on how much time you have.  Fortunately, I still have two months before I need to start to worry about putting them together (I'm doing pocket folds), so I've been able to work on each part as I've needed to.

I am definitely, regardless of where I print my invites, will be printing my own rsvp, reception, direction cards, etc.  Weddingbee.com has great templates that other brides put up.  If you aren't a member, check it out.Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, slbriz!  I really appreciate your advice.  How is your wedding planning going?  I know that you wanted to try to book all major vendors by the start of the new year.  Were you able to achieve that?  We just agreed on a band.  So, that's exciting!  Two vendors down.  I also think that I figured out my colors for my wedding!  I think that we're going to wind up getting invitations from a family friend in the business, but he doesn't have the biggest selection.  So, he told me to go out and find something and he'll order for me and charge me at most at cost of production. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Really?  Wow, good deal.  I hope they turn out okay; if I could have found someone to print at cost, I'd probably have gone that route.

Just about everything is booked.  Haven't decided on musicians for the ceremony, but have two or three I'm leaning towards.  All major vendor are done except for florist - I'll look at flowers in January.  Then the only thing is my beauty - haven't found a stylist and make-up artist just yet, but I feel I have time for that. 

So much of my winter will just be working with paper.  I'm doing the programs (which are pretty much done) and then the invites.  The ketubah has been picked out, just needs to be ordered; same for the kippot.  Now just gotta wait for this day to get here.

If you need any stuff or want to bounce ideas, feel free to email me - slbrizard at yahoo.  Glad to hear all is well with you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards