Jewish Weddings

ketubah vent

we have had quite an experience ordering and receiving our ketubah.  We went through ketubah.com, ordered it 3 months ago.  First, the rabbi took forever to approve the text.  Then the artist was out of town, etc. etc.   We finally got it in the mail yesterday, and FI's mothers first name (English) was spelled wrong (we submitted it to them with the correct spelling).  FI had to overnight it to the artist and she's supposed to do another one for us and get it to us ASAP.  Our wedding is next week.  Why did I know something like this was going to happen? grr...

Re: ketubah vent

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ack!  You have my sympathy.  Will the artist at least pay for the overnighting?
  • edited December 2011
    Arg! Hopefully the artist will compensate you for her erros... and your frustration!!
  • edited December 2011
    It happens.  This is one reason why I've gotten on my rabbi because with the hoilday and wedding season approaching, I'd rather get my ketubah early than cut it close and risk an error - even though the proofs/submissions indicate otherwise.

At least the artist is shipping it express so you should have it on time and, this time, error free.
  • leoraannaleoraanna member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hope it all works out for you! My step-sister and her husband got their ketubah and it had two lines for Groom and Groom. And theirs was super close to the wedding too! I'm sure it will work out for you!
    Nov 2010 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fictional Couple
    Photobucket
    image 282 Invited
    image 198 Making the Party!
    image 56 Staying at home :(
    image 28 Slow-pokes
    RSVP Date: November 5, 2010
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    leoraanna, I know this isn't really funny.  But when I think of all the trouble and expense we had to go to in order to have a same-sex ketubah, it amazes me that somehow your step-sister and her husband got one they didn't want.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh no! I'm so sad to hear this. We went through Ketubah.com too and had no issues at all. I hope you get it all sorted - which one did you go with??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards