Jewish Weddings

Ceremony Music

Does anyone have any links to download good ceremony music to buy? We want to use traditional songs like Dodi Li and the Wedding March, but all the recordings I've found seem to be very 80s like and feature synthesizers!!

Any help would be great!

Re: Ceremony Music

• edited December 2011
    I would recommend searching on amazon, youtube, and/or iTunes.  We found most of our ceremony music (both Jewish music and classical music) by searching those three places.  GL!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Check with your Rabbi about the wedding march, mine specifically said we should not use it since Wagner was well known for he anti-Semetic beliefs. I'd try you-tube or amazon like th pp said to find something more contemporary.
    TTC the journey begins October 2011 image
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In general, neither Wagner nor Mendelssohn are used in Jewish weddings.  We used entirely classical music, but not those two.  You can see a list of the pieces we used (with videos) at this link.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_jewish-weddings_ceremony-music-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:399Discussion:e2cb930a-7494-4af2-ab74-1558bb9a2830Post:b1e9f4cf-bd05-4775-af5f-eeafb317b6f7">Re: Ceremony Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check with your Rabbi about the wedding march, mine specifically said we should not use it since Wagner was well known for he anti-Semetic beliefs. I'd try you-tube or amazon like th pp said to find something more contemporary.
    Posted by Frozenpenguin[/QUOTE]

Try looking on youtube for a song you want and search with an instrument that is the style you are going for, like "dodi li guitar" or something.  That's how we found some nice versions of songs, I think we'll go with dodi li and erev shel shoshanim, as long as our cellist friend who will be playing is ok with those songs. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards