Jewish Weddings
Options

How to find a rabbi?

We are out-of-towners who will be getting married in July 2013 in Long Island at a wedding hall. Can anyone advise us how to find a Conservative rabbi who can perform the ceremony outside of his/her congregation? This is not an interfaith ceremony.

Re: How to find a rabbi?

• Options
    If you want a conservative rabbi, look up conservative shuls in the area and contact their rabbis (usually there is an email address for the rabbi on the website).  You might also consider cantors.  If you know anyone Jewish in the area, you could also ask them for suggestions.  

In my experience, not being a member of the shul was not a big deal.  The donation to the shul or officiant fee may just be higher.  

Some rabbis are willing to travel.  If you have a childhood rabbi or college chaplain that you really like, you could try asking them as well.  
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2012
    Welcome to the board, Smartygirl!  What's the exact date of your wedding?  I want to put you on my weekly weddings list.

We used my parents' rabbi since we don't belong to a congregation.  He charged us $500.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards