Jewish Weddings
Options

Ordering Yarmulkes

Where did you order your yarmulkes from? 
I went to yarmulkes.com, but there is a minimum of 6 dozen (you can order less, but they charge you extra)
I only need 50 and want white satin ones.. 

Thanks!
Jen

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Ordering Yarmulkes

• Options
    lacebridelacebride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Jen, I will order mine from Empire Press... I have found them to be super friendly. Good luck!
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ordered ours from MazelTops.  They will do an order of any size (although there is an extra charge for very small orders), and did a great job on ours.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aside from Mazel, also try Kool Kipah - but the standard for most companies is that you'll pay a little extra for less than 6 dozen because it's extra work for them.  If the money is about the same (some places charge you $20 extra), then you'd probably do best to just order 6 dozen.  Having another 12 kippot around isn't a bad thing and someone may want an extra, or your husband can hold onto the extra ones.  Just a thought...
  • Options
    jendawn80jendawn80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yeah, I think I'm going to just order the 6 dozen because having extra is no big deal.  :-)  Thanks for all the suggestions!  The best price I found was www.yarmulkes.com

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting about www.yarmulkes.com!  I think that I will order from there too.
  • Options
    I recently ordered kippahs from koolkippah.com.  They were terrible to work with.  I ordered 9 weeks before our bnai mitzvah to leave plenty of time.  After arguing with them and calling them nearly every day for 3 weeks, they showed up 2 days before our affair.  They said it was their busy season.  A well run business would plan their production needs accordingly, not blame it on their busy season.  In this economy, they should be thankful they have a busy season.

The owner, Howard, told me he would give me a refund for the inconvenience.  This was 6 weeks ago.  I have emailed him repeatedly, as well as leaving numerous messages for him.  I have recently read several other reviews, which were also unfavorable.  I only wish I would have read them before I placed my order with them.
  • Options
    Similar experience to laurabach1: I ordered well in advance, told delivery would be 3-4 weeks. Called after 5 weeks, "Don't worry! They'll be there in time! They'll be beautiful!" 6 weeks: nothing more than "Yes, they'll be there! And they'll be wonderful! Don't worry!" How obnoxious and rude could they be? The kippot finally arrived Wednesday evening before the Bar Mitzvah with my son's name misspelled! And it's not an unusual name, just sloppy work and zero quality control. So finally the kippot were printed correctly and delivered 23 hours before the service (like I had nothing else to do...)
    Save yourself a ridiculous amount of aggravation and take your business elsewhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards