February 2013 Weddings
Options

Time is flying by!

Six months from now will be my last day of being a bachlorette. WOW. It's crazy how fast it's going. My officiant/college pastor just sent me a text saying we gotta start working out the schedules for our pre-martial session and plan now. :D Hard to believe. Anyone else getting excited/going crazy? I sure am.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
Feb13 Siggy Challenge

Re: Time is flying by!

• Options
    I'm with you!  Every day when I log on here I see that day tracker counting down the days for me and it makes it that much worse!
    I still haven't settled on a photographer!  I'm terrible I know!
    I finally nailed down my bridesmaids for dress fitting days and then I realized I should probably go for my first fitting as my dress is currently a halter top, but I'm having it altered to a strapless!

Seems like everyone has an opinion on EVERYTHING, like my FMIL that was wondering why my FSIL is not in the wedding party.  Well, we are not friends, and I don't particularly like her, so why would I have her in my wedding party??  So silly to me! On top of which she didn't want us to have her kids in the wedding party because she was planning on making it an adult day.  So I can only assume it's because she wants to drink at our wedding, though she has never acknowledged that we are getting married or congratulated her own brother!!   Well, I guess there will always be people to make me crazy!!

Meanwhile, I did settle on a flower girl dress, so I'm super happy about that, and my niece loves it!

Still working on my fabric flower bouquets for my girls, and starting to stress that they aren't done, and I have six months!!

I just your typical mess of a bride!

This is the flower girl dress!  Super inexpensive at Kohls!!

• Options
    I totally get you! I still need to do all the flower stuff (bouquets, bouts, and corsages) and get with my FMIL about the food/cake (she said she'd pay for it all but she's going to have a baby like anytime now :D). In addition to fi's family issue, mine has been fighting with us on getting married at all (although they seem to have accepted it now). And you reminded me that I gotta work on my sisters' dresses (they both lost weight unintentionally) and convert mine from a zipper to a corset. Your alterations sound fun so GL with that. And your flower girl dress is sooooo cute! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    I am getting very excited. This summer went by very quickly and I'm hoping the remaining 6 mths goes quickly. I can't wait to marry my fiance. I was happy to mark off getting the bridesmaids dresses this weekend. And today I am working on assembling my invitations. I'll go back later to address them, but wanted to get everything put together now. Hoping to go shopping for the boys and do our registry in the next month or two. YAY!

Hope-you made me think about my officiant. I haven't heard from him in a while and he had said he wanted to meet this fall. I should probably email him. Thanks for the reminder! haha. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_time-is-flying-by?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:5f686fb1-7203-46fd-a546-781f08de573aPost:1ae14be6-e2fb-413f-8d25-c8d4697e6fd9">Re: Time is flying by!</a>:
    [QUOTE]time is flying!!!!  very cute flower girl dress! Ugh that sucks about your thesis :-(  i know the feeling of failure as I was striving to be done with my CPA this past February yet now I am stuck studying through November...if I fail I will probably be taking an exam in the weeks before the wedding, no fun!!!  We can do it though, stay strong!!  Did I mention that everytime I take an exam I have to shell out between $200 and $300 dollars??
    Posted by Julyet06[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh God, I've heard about these professional exams, I have a couple of friends studying in accounting and actuaries and they work so hard! I support you in your studying!!</div>
  • Options
    Thanks :-)  I hate them and want them out of my life ASAP!! lol!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Miliska - so sorry about the thesis. :( Hopefully it'll come together like peanut butter and jelly and make something awesome.

Julyet - much luck on the CPA. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    i love peanut butter and jelly! i want a sandwich now!! lol!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I wish it could slow down a little!!!!  At least we finally got some things crossed off the list- we met with the officiant to make an outline of the ceremony, and have a tentative contract from the caterer on the way.  They have to change all of the 6 month deadlines to 3 months for us.  The WP has started asking about hotel blocks, so we're probably going to tackle that next.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm excited it's less than six months away! You girls are all ahead of me on the planning, I think. Though I did book my photographer and DJ last week. My maids don't want to get their dresses til October. Is there a reason you all are doing it now? Just to get it done and out of the way? My MOH has hers, but they're all wearing different dresses. I'm meeting with my WC at the venue for the first time next week! I too need to get going on the hotel blocks, and I haven't even begun to look for an officiant. My oldest baby is starting kindergarten this month, so I have had even more going on than usual. But I kinda like the chaos. Happy Planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    livn: My ladies and I went shopping last weekend for their dresses. One of my BM is in law school and she starts school again soon, so this was the best time for her to come down. Once they all found a dress they liked this weekend, they decided they wanted to get the dress right then! My ladies are getting their dresses from Alfred Angelo (where I got my dress from) and it takes three months for them to come in. Then they said alterations should be done at least one month before the wedding, so I just didn't want to cut it too close.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Frig - Np on the reminder. I need alot of them from here out. :p

Amo - I hear you. It's flying by way too fast for me sometimes.

Livn: All of my BMs are younger and are in school so we're getting them early when they each have the money and we can look together (my 2 sisters and FSIL so it's alot of fun that way).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards