February 2013 Weddings

Wedding Events

Anyone attend any?  I've gone to three so far...they're all pretty much the same.  Free cake, cookies, mini cupcakes...the last one I went to had an open bar!  Some of them have runway shows and other just have models walking around in wedding dresses.  I've signed up for a bunch of things at these events for the chance to win trips, photography etc.  I go with my mom, sister and my brother came to the last one!  We have fun just hanging out AND it makes me feel like I'm getting the most out of being a bride lol!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Wedding Events

• Haha you're lucky! I live too far out in the middle of nowhere, nothing like that is remotely accessible to me. Sounds like you're having fun!
  • Fi and I went to one this year. It was alot of fun for us just to go and relax. :) If there's another one near-by, we may be going again.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Aww man!  If you have any department stores near you, maybe they will have registry events?  I went to one at Macys and it was great!  They had a nice spread of sandwiches, appetizers, mini desserts, a DJ and mocktails!

That's great Hope!  My FI hasn't been able to attend with me since they occur during the weekday while he is in class.

• Julyet06 LOL I'm not sure you understand how far remote I am. The closest mall is 3 hours away. I have to order my makeup and shampoo online! Its very sad, haha.
  • ohhhh man!!! lol!!!! sorry!! remote to me is like an hour tops lmaooo!!!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_wedding-events?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:7f65a749-f509-4453-8636-132b0784bc56Post:45769ffc-491f-4ffc-8806-81ec2bcf5c34">Re: Wedding Events</a>:
    [QUOTE]@ Julyet06  LOL I'm not sure you understand how far remote I am. The closest mall is 3 hours away. I have to order my makeup and shampoo online! Its very sad, haha.
    Posted by mckemowse[/QUOTE]
  • We've been to three! The first was way too early to book but I was getting restless, we actually scored free epics! The second one wasn't great. The third was fun but we didn't actually end up booking anyone.
    Best of luck to you and yours!

Feb 22, 2013
  • If any of the ones around here had an open bar, I'd attend them all. 
  • My venue did a "vendor showcase" right before I booked them.  Didn't get to go, since it overlapped a work obligation.  There have been 1 or 2 in this area, but I wasn't really interested since my wedding isn't local.  Might try to find one after I move (this Saturday!  Woo!)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • that's awesome!!  I'm still waiting for my name to be drawn out of a hat lol!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_wedding-events?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:7f65a749-f509-4453-8636-132b0784bc56Post:7f4f6458-2523-48c1-a861-bf591cf2b250">Re:Wedding Events</a>:
    [QUOTE]We've been to three! The first was way too early to book but I was getting restless, we actually scored free epics! The second one wasn't great. The third was fun but we didn't actually end up booking anyone.
    Posted by krdonaldson[/QUOTE]
  • good luck on the move!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_wedding-events?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:7f65a749-f509-4453-8636-132b0784bc56Post:f045ff1f-d83e-485d-841f-7140fbcd92ee">Re: Wedding Events</a>:
    [QUOTE]My venue did a "vendor showcase" right before I booked them.  Didn't get to go, since it overlapped a work obligation.  There have been 1 or 2 in this area, but I wasn't really interested since my wedding isn't local.  Might try to find one after I move (this Saturday!  Woo!)
    Posted by AmoLovesAud[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_wedding-events?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:7f65a749-f509-4453-8636-132b0784bc56Post:6aff24ea-4d51-41b3-8bc2-f240f531301e">Re: Wedding Events</a>:
    [QUOTE]good luck on the move!! In Response to Re: Wedding Events :
    Posted by Julyet06[/QUOTE]

Thank you!  I'm excited to be moving back "home", where all our friends and families aren't a 2+ hour drive away!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awesome!  Will you be closer to the city?
  • My mom and I went to the Tucson Bridal Fair. We signed up for a lot of free stuff too, but I didn't win anything. I got some annoying phone calls where I would get something for free if I went to another event in Phoenix, but it sounded like a scam to me. haha. 

I did book my venue at the fair though. We already knew who we wanted and they told us they had already booked 6 events that day! So we booked before a weekend around the time we wanted was gone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards