February 2013 Weddings
Options

Getting to know you!

For our newer brides, current "lurkers" and of course us "regulars", let's have some fun and get to know each other :-D

Yours/Your FI's name:
Wedding Date:
Wedding Colors:
You and Your Fi's first date:
What's irking you the most about your wedding right now?
What's your favorite thing about your wedding so far?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Getting to know you!

• Options
    Yours/Your FI's name: Nicole & Winslow
    Wedding Date: 2/23/13
    Wedding Colors: I haven't had any colors for the wedding but when we picked up my gown (eek!) my MOH and bridesmaid tried on some dresses.  I like a color called guava and my other sister loves purple so I my theme is now "sunset"...the sky turns so many beautiful colors at sunset, plus my ceremony will be on the beach at sunset so my girls and my bouquet will compliment the scenery! (or I should say the scenery will compliment them lol!)  still don't know what the guys are wearing!
    You and Your Fi's first date: We went bowling and bowled strikes for kisses lol!
    What's irking you the most about your wedding right now? it's no longer irking me, but it was my invitations! so glad I found the perfect ones...now on the the next thing, I'm sure something else will irk me soon enough.
    What's your favorite thing about your wedding so far? this also has to be my invitations! aside from the dress, I really like how they look and can't wait to see them in person!!
  • Options
    Yours/Your FI's name: Katherine & Jeremy
    Wedding Date: 02/02/2013
    Wedding Colors: Gold, Black, and Blush Rose
    You and Your Fi's first date: Long story...FI and I met in high school and our first time hanging out was actually in my parent's basement watching the first two movies of the Blade series (romantic huh?). Then a few weeks later we officially started dating exclusively (cue the awwwwws) and he secretly asked my parents if it was alright to take me out to a concert in Boston. He picked me up on valentines day and we went to a Staind concert. Nearly 9 years later we'll be saying "I do!"
    What's irking you the most about your wedding right now? The most stressful part has been dealing with people in the bridal party that are from out of town. Trying to get suit/dress sizes and plan when people can be around for things has been somewhat of a nightmare. FI and I have loved every step in the process with the exception of trying to get our bridal party of 12+ to agree on things.
    What's your favorite thing about your wedding so far? Planning with FI. His excitement about finally being married and not just about the wedding has made me realize even more just how freaking lucky I am. However, his little kid like excitement about things like the cake has been pretty hilarious.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
    Centerpieces! Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    mrsmtothekmrsmtothek member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Yours/Your FI's name: Mckenzie and Ryan

Wedding Date: February 16th, 2013

Wedding Colors: White, Ivory, Gold, Gray

You and Your Fi's first date: 
    Top of the Hub restaurant in Boston! It overlooks the entire city and is a really fancy restaurant. He showed up to my apartment all dressed up with a single rose...clearly he was out to make an impression ;) PS--he did!

What's irking you the most about your wedding right now?
    Family drama. Everyone has an opinion about everything and it gets old really fast. You can't please everybody, but I'm over it. Sadly because of this I'm ready for planning to be done haha! 

What's your favorite thing about your wedding so far? 
    Enjoying the excitment with my fiance in ironing out details. He is a very involved groom and seeing our hard work come together is extremely rewarding!
  • Options
    Yours/Your FI's name: Jesse
    Wedding Date: 2/22/13
    Wedding Colors: navy, deep purple, lime green
    You and Your Fi's first date: I guess what you'd call our first date was watching the 2007 Superbowl in his dorm room at college... also happens to be our first kiss :)
    What's irking you the most about your wedding right now? one of the GMs, I want to get suits started and he's sort of holding it up.
    What's your favorite thing about your wedding so far? Photography, for sure! I love love love our photographer and we got the duo for a great price (right before they hiked them up for 2012). We've had them booked since summer 2011 and everytime they post new pictures I get more and more excited to see ours!!
    Best of luck to you and yours!

Feb 22, 2013
  • Options
    Yours/Your FI's name: Émilie & James
    Wedding Colors: black, ivory and red
    You and Your Fi's first date: in a little French restaurant in Montréal. At that time, FI didn't speak a word of French, but still wanted to go there to discover the French aspect of the city (he had just moved in the area for a couple of months). I had to explain to him the menu - it was so cute!
    What's irking you the most about your wedding right now? Sometimes, I think about our DYI favors, centerpieces and flowers we have to make, and I'm just like, there is no way I'll be able to do all this after I'm done with my thesis... If only I knew when that misery will be over!!
    What's your favorite thing about your wedding so far? All of our stationary! Our guests love our save-the-dates and FI and I are in love with our invitations. We can wait to send them!

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Yours/Your FI's name: Cat/Ozzy
    Wedding Date: 9 February 2013
    Wedding Colors: red, gold, and silver with pinks and purples as accents (Sunset)
    You and Your Fi's first date: First date was the winter carnival in HS my senior year the week after we hooked up. We've known each other off and on since second grade. :)
    What's irking you the most about your wedding right now? D-R-A-M-A (that much of it from all sides of the family) and all the DIY (fi worries I won't finish it in time)
    What's your favorite thing about your wedding so far? How involved/excited my fi is in planning and preping for our wedding/marriage (I love working on our pre-marital counseling together)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    Yours/Your FI's name: Stephanie and Justin
    Wedding Colors: Dark red and dark purple with silver and white accents
    You and Your Fi's first date: We met for the first time in person (we met online) at a Starbucks. Our first official date was at the zoo however. That's also where he proposed. :)
    What's irking you the most about your wedding right now? My invitations are irking me right now as well as my mom. I just want my invitations to be done already! I've been ignoring them this week. haha. My mom has been better lately, but for a while I was recentful as to how much pressure she was putting on me to get everything done. She has to have everything planned out exactly and she wanted everything to be done before SHE went back to school (she is a school nurse), even though I still have lots of time. I finally got her to listen to how stressed and upset she was making me and she has backed off a lot thank goodness. SO now just the invitations. 
    What's your favorite thing about your wedding so far? The planning in general has been fun. My fiance and I have pretty much the same vision for EVERY aspect of the wedding, so it has been very easy to plan everything. And even though I am annoyed with my invites, I also really like them. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yours/Your FI's name: Kelly & Brian

Wedding Date: 2/23/2013

Wedding Colors:Black, charcoal gray, and pink

You and Your Fi's first date:  We went to O'Charley's.  Woo!  Neat story though...his mom threw my mom a baby shower and my parents bought their first house from his parents.  His great grandparents lived across the street from me.  We never knew any of this when we met. 
    What's irking you the most about your wedding right now?  I am getting anxious to get the BM dresses.  I have one bridesmaid that is trying to lose weight (not that she needs to) and and another one (FSIL) is 8 months pregnant.

What's your favorite thing about your wedding so far? My venue!  Great staff, beautiful place.  I feel like I can just sick back and let them do everything. ha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mine looks so boring. ha!  HOw do you all get everything at the bottom of your page?  I lurk, but that is about it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Julyet06Julyet06 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012

I made my ticker on TK (on the left hand side of your screen you should see "community links" under that you see "update profile" etc..."Wedding Tickers" is one option although you can probably make a ticker elsewhere and just copy the html code.)  Where do paste this html code? Well again on the left hand side of you screen you will see under "community links" and "update signature" (this is what us ladies call our "siggy").  That's where everything you see in our siggy's go...you can paste the link for your ticker there and html links for pictures. 

I think that explanation was okay (i'm the type of person that needs "hand holding" when it comes to doing this stuff for the first time, lol).  If you are confused, I think Hope can provide an easier/better explanation :-)

I hope you stick around and join in the conversation more! :-)

• Options
    Yours/Your FI's name: Jennie and Laremy
    Wedding Date: 02/02/2013
    Wedding Colors: Navy, White, Grey
    You and Your Fi's first date: We went to highschool together and had some mutual friends so we hung out a couple of times before we actually started dating. Senior year he asked me to prom and we kinda started hanging out a lot before and then after that. I would say our first "date" was out to eat at a mexican resturant close to home and to the movies to see zodiac. It was really awkward though cause it was a double date with my at the time best friend and her boyfriend and they were making out the ENTIRE movie sitting right next to us. Lets just say our second date was just us!!
    What's irking you the most about your wedding right now? The most stressful part so far has to be that his family is so last minute with everything. I have been trying to get a guest list together for a while and I still haven't got all the adress from them yet. Hiince our save the dates have yet to be sent out :(
    What's your favorite thing about your wedding so far? Planning with FI in general is my most favorite part. Lately we both have been really busy, he has a demanding job and I just started back at school so I love when we can get together to work on wedding stuff. I'm having a blast planning. I think I might have withdrawls after the wedding not havng any more details to worry about!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yours/Your FI's name:  Jenny & Barrie
    Wedding Date:    2/2/13
    Wedding Colors:  White, Turquoise and Pink
    You and Your Fi's first date:   We broke the rules and had dinner at his house.  He cooked the dinner; I brought dessert.  We got to know each other over a bottle of wine.
    What's irking you the most about your wedding right now?  The price of the resort for our guests....grrr....
    What's your favorite thing about your wedding so far?  Everything else.  I am really happy with our invitations.
  • Options
    Yours/Your FI's name:  Meri & Al
    Wedding Date:    2/10/13
    Wedding Colors:  navy, fuschia & ivory
    You and Your Fi's first date:   Our first real date was at a Thai restaurant.  He came to pick me up and we walked there and back.  But we had some "non-dates" 4 years earlier when we still worked together.
    What's irking you the most about your wedding right now?  Trying to figure out what to do now/get the motivation to actually move and do it.
    What's your favorite thing about your wedding so far?  our venue. It's a gastropub in Brooklyn and the food is fantastic.  I think we will have such a fun party.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Yours/Your FI's name: Ashley and Jordan
     Wedding Date: Wedding Colors: white, silver, gray
     You and Your Fi's first date: dinner...i can't even remember the name of the restaurant! that's horrible.
     What's irking you the most about your wedding right now? his family drama and searching for the elusive afforable videographer. and i don't have my save the dates out either. also, my planning has hit a bit of a stand-still.
     What's your favorite thing about your wedding so far? buying misc things. flower girl baskets and my DIY centerpieces. i'm going to be getting a puzzle for a guestbook. pretty excited about that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yours/Your FI's name:Janice and Taylor
    Wedding Date:February sixteenth
    Wedding Colors: Blush color pallete, pinks and creams.
    You and Your Fi's first date:picnic on his family ranch, near the pond.
    What's irking you the most about your wedding right now?inding a reception site!
    What's your favorite thing about your wedding so far? Him, and my dress!
  • Options
    Yours/Your FI's name:Samantha/Christopher
    Wedding Date: 2/23/13
    Wedding Colors: horizon blue and ivory
    You and Your Fi's first date: bardo's an italian resteraunt
    What's irking you the most about your wedding right now? Motivation to loose weight & my shoes
    What's your favorite thing about your wedding so far? my dress,venue, bridesmaids, & cakes
  • Options
    Yours/Your FI's name: Amy/Brendan Wedding Date: 2/9/13 Wedding Colors: navy and ivory....might add in some purple or pink for flowers! You and Your Fi's first date: Dinner and comedy club What's irking you the most about your wedding right now? I keep second guessing everything! It takes hours of replanning for me to just come back to my original idea. Whats your favorite thing about your wedding so far? FH!!! I can't wait to marry my best friend. Also, pretty psyched about our dinner/receptions fondue at a restaurant at the top of a mountain. We have to take a gondola up!
  • Options
    Yours/Your FI's name: Kursten and Michael

Wedding Date:2/24/2013

Wedding Colors: Navy Blue, Pink, and Black

You and Your Fi's first date: We went to the movies to see ZombieLand. I got scared during one scene where they had a zombie clown and I grab his hand. He just held it the whole night and smiled! From there it's history!

What's irking you the most about your wedding right now? Trying to find a honeymoon spot and the music for the actual wedding day itself... The music is just really boring!

What's your favorite thing about your wedding so far? Having my FI throw in suggestions and even do the invitations! It reminds me why I fell in love with him! He's so wonderful!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards