February 2013 Weddings

Just trying to keep the board alive!

How are my fellow February 2013 brides doing??  Have we all officially set our dates yet??  I am getting married February 23, 2013!!

Hopeful Life...I've seen you on the board often.  I have a feeling that I can count on you to help keep the board active :-)  I have been meaning to update my signature to reflect your "siggy challenge: engagement ring" hope to do so soon!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Just trying to keep the board alive!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_just-trying-to-keep-the-board-alive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:8782e515-5a4e-4594-b1da-a6c0e5e78051Post:eee9e6bb-bef1-4b92-bb99-2858394eac5e">Just trying to keep the board alive!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How are my fellow February 2013 brides doing??  Have we all officially set our dates yet??  I am getting married February 23, 2013!! Hopeful Life...I've seen you on the board often.  I have a feeling that I can count on you to help keep the board active :-)  I have been meaning to update my signature to reflect your "siggy challenge: engagement ring" hope to do so soon!
    Posted by Julyet06[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I've been waiting awhile for someone to help make Feb13 alive. :) My date is only semi-official (thanks to school). :) I'm glad I'm not the only one wanting to do something on here. Pretty soon we're gonna have to figure out next months challenge. Maybe a NWR, but we'll see.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Lol! I figured I'd help you liven things up here!  I am on the Destination Wedding board a lot and love the comraderie (sp?) those ladies have...

It took a while for FI and I to decide on our wedding month but we knew it would be anytime from Jan to March 2013...I had my mind set on 3/23/13 or a while, but then when we looked at our work schedules and February made more sense!  I just love the date, 2/23/13...there's something about it lol! and 23 is FI's favorite number!!

do you think you will stay in Feb 2013 or will you change the month??

Love the idea of a new challenge next month!  I am going to try and set up my siggy right now (even tho I should be studying right now lol!)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_just-trying-to-keep-the-board-alive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:8782e515-5a4e-4594-b1da-a6c0e5e78051Post:43c9ef39-3b53-42f6-bb8c-65488d1fdf17">Re: Just trying to keep the board alive!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Just trying to keep the board alive! : Thank you! I've been waiting awhile for someone to help make Feb13 alive. :) My date is only semi-official (thanks to school). :) I'm glad I'm not the only one wanting to do something on here. Pretty soon we're gonna have to figure out next months challenge. Maybe a NWR, but we'll see.
    Posted by HopefulLife[/QUOTE]
  • Our date is set.  We are doing the destination thing in Playa Del Carmen and have reserved rooms for us and immediate family at the resort where the ceremony will be held.  It will be Groundhog Day, my mom's birthday (I asked permission, wasn't sure if it was AWESOME or terrible), and our wedding day.  2/2 has never been better!  I tried the siggy thing, and wasn't quite able to get it.  I'll keep working on it...

I've decided on the main color (turquoise ribbons on all of the chairs. etc.)  I'm in full-on daydream mode about the flowers.  We have a lot less to decide than a lot of people, because our resort covers the dinner.  We're waiting to see how many people we will have in our group before we decide to have a dance and everything. 
  • My date is set! February 16, 2013. We originally were saying March 2nd, but the venue we want didn't have that available and it turns out it is less expensive to get married in February with them. I'm a little nervous after todays weather. We are in Tucson which some of the high parts got snow today! Really hope that doesn't happen next year!

I try to get on the board when I can, but things have been a bit crazy lately. I usually check in for a few minutes a few times a week, but only post every once in a while.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My date is partially set... We have the church booked but we are working on the reception place. As of right now they have the day available but we aren't quite ready to put down the deposit yet. So we will see. We orginally picked March 2, 2013 but we are having a catholic wedding and thats during Lent so the church wouldn't alow it. So we moved it up a month and now February 2, 2013 is our lucky day. Our wedding is going to be in New Orleans during Mardi Gras season so trying to get most of the big planning out of the way early!!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_just-trying-to-keep-the-board-alive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:8782e515-5a4e-4594-b1da-a6c0e5e78051Post:84329799-8e09-4b90-badc-e9d33b0abbc3">Re: Just trying to keep the board alive!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lol! I figured I'd help you liven things up here!  I am on the Destination Wedding board a lot and love the comraderie (sp?) those ladies have... It took a while for FI and I to decide on our wedding month but we knew it would be anytime from Jan to March 2013...I had my mind set on 3/23/13 or a while, but then when we looked at our work schedules and February made more sense!  I just love the date, 2/23/13...there's something about it lol! and 23 is FI's favorite number!! do you think you will stay in Feb 2013 or will you change the month?? Love the idea of a new challenge next month!  I am going to try and set up my siggy right now (even tho I should be studying right now lol!) In Response to Re: Just trying to keep the board alive! :
    Posted by Julyet06[/QUOTE]

Fi and I always wanted a February wedding. We had initially thought about this February but we're in school and we want to wait until I'm out at least.

I have my officiant and photographer since they're some of my cloests friends and just ordered my flowers to start DIYing my bouquets and such. :) So excited.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_just-trying-to-keep-the-board-alive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:8782e515-5a4e-4594-b1da-a6c0e5e78051Post:b358e798-4621-47ae-b3d2-dcbc7e6973f8">Re: Just trying to keep the board alive!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our date is set.  We are doing the destination thing in Playa Del Carmen and have reserved rooms for us and immediate family at the resort where the ceremony will be held.  It will be Groundhog Day, my mom's birthday (I asked permission, wasn't sure if it was AWESOME or terrible), and our wedding day.  2/2 has never been better!  I tried the siggy thing, and wasn't quite able to get it.  I'll keep working on it... I've decided on the main color (turquoise ribbons on all of the chairs. etc.)  I'm in full-on daydream mode about the flowers.  We have a lot less to decide than a lot of people, because our resort covers the dinner.  We're waiting to see how many people we will have in our group before we decide to have a dance and everything. 
    Posted by JennyR01[/QUOTE]

You are lucky the resort includes it. We're DIYing a good majority of our wedding but luckily my MIL, her bf, and his mom are going to pay for all of the food and the cake (her bf's mom is a caterer). But because she is paying for it, we are having a small wedding to help cut the costs.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_just-trying-to-keep-the-board-alive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:8782e515-5a4e-4594-b1da-a6c0e5e78051Post:a4637622-655e-4e6b-bc0f-c9abe7d4c713">Re: Just trying to keep the board alive!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My date is set! February 16, 2013. We originally were saying March 2nd, but the venue we want didn't have that available and it turns out it is less expensive to get married in February with them. I'm a little nervous after todays weather. We are in Tucson which some of the high parts got snow today! Really hope that doesn't happen next year! I try to get on the board when I can, but things have been a bit crazy lately. I usually check in for a few minutes a few times a week, but only post every once in a while.
    Posted by frig05[/QUOTE]

That's what I normally do unless there's something I can respond to. :) Been waiting a while for Feb13 to pick up so I should be on more often.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_just-trying-to-keep-the-board-alive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:8782e515-5a4e-4594-b1da-a6c0e5e78051Post:4317011e-6832-4af6-94f9-4d1891b72c29">Re: Just trying to keep the board alive!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My date is partially set... We have the church booked but we are working on the reception place. As of right now they have the day available but we aren't quite ready to put down the deposit yet. So we will see. We orginally picked March 2, 2013 but we are having a catholic wedding and thats during Lent so the church wouldn't alow it. So we moved it up a month and now February 2, 2013 is our lucky day. Our wedding is going to be in New Orleans during Mardi Gras season so trying to get most of the big planning out of the way early!!
    Posted by tigergirl7[/QUOTE]

I don't blame you for wanting to get it done early. Good luck with Mardi Gras crazies. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Jenny- so cool! As I mentioned in another post I am a destination bride as well!  I love that you are sharing your wedding date with your mom's birthday!  My wedding was almost going to be on my sister's bday in January, but Feb worked out better for all :-)  I am on the Destination Wedding board often, you should check it out!

Hopeful Life- I will also be doing some research on DIY projects for the wedding...beginning with my invitations!  Although there is not much I would really need to do as the wedding packages are pretty set in what they provide :-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_just-trying-to-keep-the-board-alive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:8782e515-5a4e-4594-b1da-a6c0e5e78051Post:97dc0dea-d908-453b-932e-6565d41d6342">Re: Just trying to keep the board alive!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just trying to keep the board alive! : You are lucky the resort includes it. We're DIYing a good majority of our wedding but luckily my MIL, her bf, and his mom are going to pay for all of the food and the cake (her bf's mom is a caterer). But because she is paying for it, we are having a small wedding to help cut the costs.
    Posted by HopefulLife[/QUOTE]

Im DIYing some of my stuff too! We will have to share ideas and advice.
  • edited February 2012
    Yay. I have people to talk to about my DYI (I don't get ont he DYI board much). I'm doing my STDs (if we do them) and have a rough draft of my invites done now too. :) We just have to finalize the date and time and then I'm golden.

What all are y'all thinking of DIYing?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • I am doing some DIY things too. I have already gotten everything for my DIY centerpieces and table numbers. I was going to do DIY Save-the-Dates, but i know I'm not going to have the time to get them done so we order them from vista print. They turned out great and weren't that expensive. Here are some pictures of some things Ive already been working on.

This is a mock-up of my centerpieces

Mock-up of table number. I still have to paint the numbers silver and the fabric in the back will be a darker purple.

and this is the monogram I've done for decoration.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's DIY projects. I'm glad I still have a year to get stuff done because right now it seems a little overwhelming with everything that has to get done.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hooray, activity on this board!  Hopefully it'll pick up more in the months to come!

My date still isn't official, haven't even visited a venue yet!  We've already had to cancel 2 appointments, going to have to cancel a third tomorrow :(  Law school really bites, sometimes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_just-trying-to-keep-the-board-alive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:8782e515-5a4e-4594-b1da-a6c0e5e78051Post:4e7ceb51-3954-4298-b7ed-8c27f34afada">Re: Just trying to keep the board alive!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hooray, activity on this board!  Hopefully it'll pick up more in the months to come! My date still isn't official, haven't even visited a venue yet!  We've already had to cancel 2 appointments, going to have to cancel a third tomorrow :(  Law school really bites, sometimes!
    Posted by AmoLovesAud[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. Between my fi and I going to school (in two different cities) and him working, it's difficult to do any kind of appointments anymore - hence we're doing this ourselves. :/ Wish us luck.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_just-trying-to-keep-the-board-alive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:8782e515-5a4e-4594-b1da-a6c0e5e78051Post:cffb7d4e-2aeb-4a5d-9cef-de3e1b55dca1">Re: Just trying to keep the board alive!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am doing some DIY things too. I have already gotten everything for my DIY centerpieces and table numbers. I was going to do DIY Save-the-Dates, but i know I'm not going to have the time to get them done so we order them from vista print. They turned out great and weren't that expensive. Here are some pictures of some things Ive already been working on. This is a mock-up of my centerpieces Mock-up of table number. I still have to paint the numbers silver and the fabric in the back will be a darker purple. and this is the monogram I've done for decoration. Looking forward to seeing everyone's DIY projects. I'm glad I still have a year to get stuff done because right now it seems a little overwhelming with everything that has to get done.
    Posted by frig05[/QUOTE]

The DIYs look really good. :) I can't wait to start doing mine...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_just-trying-to-keep-the-board-alive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:8782e515-5a4e-4594-b1da-a6c0e5e78051Post:6a6310bf-66c4-47e5-a9e6-8ba4084dccfa">Re: Just trying to keep the board alive!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay. I have people to talk to about my DYI (I don't get ont he DYI board much). I'm doing my STDs (if we do them) and have a rough draft of my invites done now too. :) We just have to finalize the date and time and then I'm golden. <strong>What all are y'all thinking of DIYing?
    </strong>Posted by HopefulLife[/QUOTE]

I am DIYing fabric pomanders for the ceremony, a cake topper, a monogrammed aisle runner, and programs so far. All the projects are started but none are anywhere near finished yet. I'll post pictures as i get them done!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_just-trying-to-keep-the-board-alive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:8782e515-5a4e-4594-b1da-a6c0e5e78051Post:0b808588-3f76-44ed-8b4d-bfce450fadcc">Re: Just trying to keep the board alive!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just trying to keep the board alive! : I am DIYing fabric pomanders for the ceremony, a cake topper, a monogrammed aisle runner, and programs so far. All the projects are started but none are anywhere near finished yet. I'll post pictures as i get them done!
    Posted by tigergirl7[/QUOTE]

Very busy. Can't wait to see the pictures when they're done though. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • These look AMAZING!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_just-trying-to-keep-the-board-alive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:8782e515-5a4e-4594-b1da-a6c0e5e78051Post:cffb7d4e-2aeb-4a5d-9cef-de3e1b55dca1">Re: Just trying to keep the board alive!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am doing some DIY things too. I have already gotten everything for my DIY centerpieces and table numbers. I was going to do DIY Save-the-Dates, but i know I'm not going to have the time to get them done so we order them from vista print. They turned out great and weren't that expensive. Here are some pictures of some things Ive already been working on. This is a mock-up of my centerpieces Mock-up of table number. I still have to paint the numbers silver and the fabric in the back will be a darker purple. and this is the monogram I've done for decoration. Looking forward to seeing everyone's DIY projects. I'm glad I still have a year to get stuff done because right now it seems a little overwhelming with everything that has to get done.
    Posted by frig05[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards