February 2013 Weddings

So I offended people on another wedding forum :S (vent?)

So, few weeks ago, I finally found out a large french-canadian online community for brides-to-be. I was pretty happy, because even thought I like TK a lot and get ideas and tips from lurking around the boards, I was still looking to chat with local brides-to-be. Anyhow, I realised by surfing on that forum that my conception of wedding etiquette is much closer to my canadian fiancé's than the general french-canadian one, so I was building up some frustration when I was reading so many comments about some rude decisions some ladies make for their wedding in my area. Anyway, I decided to jump in the discussions in the last days to give my two cents on different topics because I thought it would be interesting to stir the threads a bit with different opinions on different topics.... Apparently I have offended people who are now deleting posts. :(

I know this is very very trivial, but it still bothers me. I think the lack of sleep, the thesis, the procrastination on the thesis and the wedding planning combined is a bad cocktail for me! lol I should block myself from wedding websites and blogs until I'm done with the thesis!

Re: So I offended people on another wedding forum :S (vent?)

• Ahhh honey I'm sorry!! :( I love our February month community because these girls are open and arent judgemental at all. In other forums on TK it can get nasty sometimes and I've been in the middle of it! Makes you feel awful really. But don't worry, all that really matters is you and your fiance being happy. Sometimes online people just dont know best and dont know you or the situation well enough to give advice, but they do it anyways. Always take everything with a grain of salt and go with your gut :) 
  • I agree with PP. Other boards and sites are so different by the different personalities that are there that it's very difficult not to offend someone's idea on something.

You're more than welcome to post on here anytime. Maybe we'll find some to make your cocktail into something kickass. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Awww girl don't even stress it!  The anonymity that comes with hiding behind a computer on a forum gives people the idea that they can be as rude as they want to anyone they disagree with.  I wouldn't take any of them too seriously.  I don't understand the need to be nasty on these forums when we are all basically celebrating a joyous occasion!  You are definitely entitled to your opinion/beliefs and you weren't hurting anyone by expressing them.

Just take a deep breath and try to put it behind you...if you wish to continue visitng the board, I say go for it.  Keep your eye open for those that were mean and weed out the ones that are nice that you don't mind chatting with.  Comment only on their posts and only consider their replies to your posts. 

Keep on trucking with your thesis!!!  I'm sure it's turning out great!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Aww, thank you everyone! I think my being annoyed by internet comments really shows how tired I am, so I shall take a deep breath (and maybe a cocktail Wink) and move on!
  • Yes, I think you are right!  Have a nice bottle, er, glass or two of wine...or make yourself a nice mixed drink, perhaps a blender sized margarita just for you!  Either way just relax and if you can afford it, take a day where you ignore everything except your drink and the television (or a good book) :-)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_so-i-offended-people-on-another-wedding-forum-s-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:87af8a2f-a2d4-4369-a4e1-78621a5260cbPost:b05740f4-909d-4860-9fe3-e331b460734f">Re: So I offended people on another wedding forum :S (vent?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aww, thank you everyone! I think my being annoyed by internet comments really shows how tired I am, so I shall take a deep breath (and maybe a cocktail  ) and move on!
    Posted by Miliska[/QUOTE]
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I agree with just take a day and do something other than what you "OMG have to do right now!" It definitely helps. :) GL.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • I'm one of those lurkers on other boards and I wonder where some of these ladies get their common sense from!!  It mostly frustrates me as people come from all over, and from all financial backgrounds so the answer is not always a black and white one!!

This group has been wonderful for me!  So keep on posting here!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards