February 2013 Weddings
Options

May Siggy Challenge--Flowers!

Any ideas? How about color scheme and/or flowers inspiration?

Re: May Siggy Challenge--Flowers!

• Options
    I like the flowers idea :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Flowers it is! Everyone feel free to post a picture of a bouquet you've been eyeing or some other flowers inspiration to tie in your color scheme :)
  • Options
    Testing.... At first I was thinking just hot pink roses, but I like all the pretty bright colors together.
  • Options
    definitely want somethimg tropical and colorful!
  • Options
    Our colors are dark red and dark purple. I like this picture, but I might want some white in there as well. Haven't decided yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MiliskaMiliska member
    First Comment
    Yay for flowers!
    Since we're getting married in Montreal, Quebec, where it's freezing cold in February, my fiancé and I decided not to import exotic flowers as a way to protect the environment (and save few bucks!). Instead, we're making paper flowers with books with already got in our home! I must admit though, it was a hard choice to pick our books : we wanted to pick our favourite ones, but we also didn't want to sacrifice them! lol

We finally picked three books that we love and that also have marriage meaning - just like flowers have:

Alice in Wonderland, by Lewis Caroll - ''magic'' (because marriage is!)
    The Gambler, by Dostoïevki - ''passion'' (you bet marriage is!)
    Daughter of the Empire, by Raymond E. Feist - ''adventure'' (well, is marriage is not, I wonder what is it!)

These books aren't the happiest stories (we're far from Jane Austen's happy endings!), but their artistic meanings totally work with our idea of marriage, and I just can't wait to walk down the aisle with my paper bouquet and see my husband with his fantasy novel boutonnière!

(My maid of honour and I started to make some flowers three weeks ago. They might not totally look like the picture, but they're still gorgeous!)
  • Options
    Very cool idea Miliska!!  I am sure they will turn out great!  I hope you share pics when you are done :-)
  • Options
    Miliska- That is such a cool idea! Can't wait to see the pictures when you are finished!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Awesome. Thanks for picking something for us! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    Miliska - I LOVE that idea!! My flowers are just going to be traditional white roses with some navy incorporated in some way!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards