February 2013 Weddings

BM Dresses - Buy Online??

I took 4 of my 7 BM's shopping last weekend and we found a dress I love...and they love too (unless they all lied to me lol).  But it was pretty pricey - designer was Bill Levkoff - $220 for a strapless, floor length chiffon gown.  I feel horrible asking them to pay that much.  My MOH actually found the dress on a few sites online and the price was $140 - but I feel as if it may be too good to be true.

Are these sites all knockoffs? Has anyone come across a site that is reputable?  I need to have them shipped regardless since 4 of 7 are not local at all (out of state and one in Canada).

Re: BM Dresses - Buy Online??

• I personally haven't had any experience with that, but to be honest with you I wouldn't trust it. Makes me wonder WHY there is such an extreme price drop and what I'm sacrificing for it especially when the girls are the ones that have to actually shell out the cash. Even $140 is a lot to pay for a dress that may or may not be potentially fake or cheaply made.

I am in the process of searching for BM dresses myself and I ran into something similar to your situation. I fell in love with a dress that was well over $200 ($270 in fact), and my girls loved it too, but at the end of the day we decided we could find another dress that was less expensive (and I have, fingers crossed it looks great in person). I'm also dealing with BMs that are spread across the country, so what I'm doing is once we decide on a dress--calling up a "sister" store that has the same style/designer in their area, and having them order from there. Good luck!!
  • I don't have any experience with ordering dresses online...but I also wouldn't trust it.  The quality may be off and it may be difficult to return them (even if their website has a "great" return policy").  I say keep searching sites that you know to be reputable and keep your eyes open when you hit the stores...something will catch your eye!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Google reviews for whatever company this website is claiming to be.  There is a chance that the shop you originally found the dresses at has a higher markup than the website, which doesn't have to pay rental fees for a shop or some taxes.  Or they could be scammers, and you wouldn't find out until its too late.

How long do they say it takes to process orders?  Do you have another event that you might want a dress for, and could order from them to see how the quality is (after checking reviews, of course)?  I'm getting my BM dresses from an Etsy seller, but I plan to order a "sample" in my size to make sure I like the quality (not because I just totally love the dress I picked out, or anything like that!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I should also add, if the site is called "Milanoo" or you find its connected to them in your search, DO NOT BUY!  They are a Chinese company that steals images from legit online companies, then hires random seamstresses to make your order based on the photos they stole.  And sometimes they just take your money and don't send anything.

[QUOTE]Google reviews for whatever company this website is claiming to be.  There is a chance that the shop you originally found the dresses at has a higher markup than the website, which doesn't have to pay rental fees for a shop or some taxes.  Or they could be scammers, and you wouldn't find out until its too late. How long do they say it takes to process orders?  Do you have another event that you might want a dress for, and could order from them to see how the quality is (after checking reviews, of course)?  I'm getting my BM dresses from an Etsy seller, but I plan to order a "sample" in my size to make sure I like the quality (not because I just totally love the dress I picked out, or anything like that!)
    Posted by AmoLovesAud[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •  i know one ,it is worth trying , i bought  5 dresses from it ,one is my wedding dress, cheap but very beautiful , what's more ,  it fitted me well because all the dresses were  custom ,no extra charges ,so excited 
    by the way ,the website is   www.kissdresses.com
    my wedding dress link is 
    good luck 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards