June 2012 Weddings
Options

Pre-Cana

Today is our first day of Pre-Cana to be married in the Catholic Church...and I am a little nervous. Has anyone else started this yet? How is it going?! 

First comes Love (2.23.2006)
Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
In the baby carriage! 

Re: Pre-Cana

• Options

Our Pre Cana is in 2 weeks. Good luck! I hear its a great experience!

Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We started ours a couple of months ago. We have to so six session. Three are done. We will finish the other three at the end of this month the begining of next. It is going well. 
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kaitlyn142kaitlyn142 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Thanks for reminding me that I need to sign up for mine. We have 2 day-long sessions. I originally wanted to do an engaged encounter retreat weekend, but the website said I'd have to share a room with someone. Even for one night, that's a no.

ETA: Registered for March. I dislike having to wait so long, but the priest at my church was not on the ball at ALL. I've been asking him for pre-cana classes since last September, and he only gave me the schedule last weekend. We're gonna get yelled at, since we live together. Which my priest and the priest marrying us OK'd, but you know...
  • Options

Our Pre-Cana has been going great so far. We had a choice-a weekend retreat that was like $300 or having a mentor couple and attending a Saturday class. We chose the mentor couple route and love it-its a mix of meeting with our mentor couple, our priest, and then we have to attend God's plan for a joyfilled marriage. Our mentor couple is great and we get along great with them. Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Started dating: 10/25/05 My 21st birthday & our engagement: 3/13/10 The first day of the rest of our lives: 6/9/12
  • Options
    Ours is at the end of the month. I'm actually not looking forward to it all.
  • Options
    We met once with our priest so far. It wasn't great but I don't feel like going into all of it in detail again. You can look at my blog for my experience
  • Options
    Ours is just a weekend retreat March 9th weekend! Super Excited!
    image 220 Are ready to party!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We finished ours. We did weekly meetings with one other couple from the church. We did this for about 7 weeks. It was very long but I am glad we did it. It was fun and helpful. It is a little awkward at first but it gets better. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We did the Engaged Encounter back in October. The couple that lead our group had been married for 30+ plus years but a lot of the sponser couples were older but hadn't been married for more than 10 years. We really enjoyed our day there. We didn't have to spend the night though, 

June2012 Siggy for March:Honeymoon in Panama City Beach
    image 288 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 34 Will be missing out!
    image 206 Are MIA!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    We did ours in November and we LOVED it.  None of it was any surprise to us, but there were some great speakers who really inspired us to take a deep look at our relationship and the meanings behind our actions towards eachother (however mundane they may be).  It was a wonderful experience!
  • Options

Last night was actually fine. It lasted about an hour.

Our Pre-cana consists of a bubble exam that tests our "compatibility" on issues like children, sex, etc. One of the questions asked "If one of you were unfaithful, would the marriage end" and you choose agree, disagree, or unsure. We will go talk about it with our priest about why we chose our answers, and see what the other person chose. 

When we meet with him again in May, we will also go through the whole ceremony so that way we know how he does it, and wont be totally shocked at rehearsal. That will probably last about an hour as well. 

I think we lucked out because the whole process is going to be two hours long. Our priest told us that he wasn't out to waste our time, and he wanted it to be worthwhile without being boring. 

He is very modern, and realistic, which FI and I really appreciated. 
    So now, I am picking out the readings, prayers and songs for the ceremony, which is SO exciting to me. (Probably the most important part of the wedding planning process, IMO!!!)
    First comes Love (2.23.2006)
    Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
    Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
    And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
    In the baby carriage! 
  • Options
    We love our mentor couple. She is mid or late thirties and he is early forties (they are about 8 years apart) and have 4 young girls. They are married for 10 or 15 years. Can't remember the specifics.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Started dating: 10/25/05 My 21st birthday & our engagement: 3/13/10 The first day of the rest of our lives: 6/9/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards