June 2012 Weddings

your wedding style

What is your engagement ring/wedding band style?  I have found mine to be way more traditional than most here is an example.

My FI had my engagement ring custom made and I adore it, I wil most likely go with the same place for our wedding bands.  My engagement ring is very similar to the one above simple single stone, platinum band.  The wedding band I like has about 5 or so small diamonds scattered around but nothing to flashy.  I figure he can get me a wrap for the engagement ring or a stackable one for an anniversy!!

How about your china pattern if you are doing that?  I know it is old school but it is customary in our region to get china and fine silverware, we have been living together for about 3 years now so we have almost everything else anyway. Here is mine

Has anyone else gotten their favors yet?  I got a heart shaped tea infuser, we both love tea and they were a good price cause we ordered so many!  Plus they were an additonal 20 percent off so they were less than 2 dollars each including shipping.  I thought it would be great cause this way we can just bring them with us to te reception as they are already boxed with a box and thank you tag!

I would love to hear from you!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker "A wedding is a day, a marriage is a lifetime"

Re: your wedding style

• My ring looks very, very similar to yours. Very simple and traditional,...exactly what I wanted (and I didnt tell him!!). My wedding band looks like an eternity band except the diamonds dont go all the way around. I wanted that so I coould wear it alone when our children are really young.

My china is very simple. My grandmother bought us the whole set. It is white with a silver trim. Timeless....I just love it!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My rings are amazing... as I am sure we will all says that about our own! My FI picked mine out and I love it Princess cut diamond with a white gold band. I picked out my wedding ring a three stone black diamond ring.

We did not register for china; yours looks beautiful! Just regular, everyday plates and such.

Favors are the only thing I am struggling with,, oh and welcome bags which to me are similar.
  • Your ring is very pretty! My ring has a lot of detail, which I love. It's very me. I'd like to get a half eternity band for my wedding ring.

This is my china pattern, Lenox Painted Camelia. Again, a little bit ornate, but very me.

For our favors we are doing a candy buffet.
    Photobucket
  • Thanks for sharing everyone!  I love hearing about everyone's different tastes!!!

Gorgeous China Courtney

mrspatnou I am right there with you we are so lucky our FI did such a great job of picking out or engagement rings!!

Chelsea, at first I thought I would want somehting super flashy but then I thought about it and wanted something timeless!
  • My ring is incredibly detailed and everyone who comments on it says it's very old-fashioned looking. 

We're not registering for fine china, because I'm hoping to inherit one of my grandmother's sets.  She passed away a little over a year ago, and collected a lot of really beautiful pieces, some of which I have very fond memories of.  We did register for new "everyday" pieces though, but they're 100% plain white, so we can do anything we want as far as decor around them :)

Haven't decided on favors yet, though; we're going for something edible.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • DRPB, that ring is gorgeous and it does look almost antique.  I love that kind of style and detail.  I also really like filigree on them as well.

I was thinking about edible favors but for us it wouldn't have worked because anything we purchase in stores we will have to drive 7 hours to the site.  Thats why we chose something we could ship to my mothers house and we can just throw in a car.  Was thinking something DIY too but again because anything we make we would have to drive up there it wouldn't work.

Anyone doing a destination wedding?  I have always wondered things like how do you get the dress there? How about the favors and other things?
  • I am Seventh Day Adventist. Normally we do not wear jewerly unless it is a wedding ring. Back in the day our parents exchanged watches. Now Adventist so wear rings. I always wanted a black diamond because they are rare to see as a engagement/ wedding ring. My FI listen to me when siad that. My enagement ring is a 2 carat black diamond ring. My wedding band had black diamonds as well. At some point, I may join you guys with a white diamond. But I am in love with my Black diamonds.

As for as favors for wedding guest, I am looking at palm hand fans. The wedding is outdoors at noon. It would look like this with a fushcia or orange handle. Still with sea shells.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_wedding-style?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:03b16738-1af0-42a0-a942-af7a99cf0cc1Post:baab15c0-759e-44ce-842c-18402fb9443f">Re: your wedding style</a>:
    [QUOTE]DRPB, that ring is gorgeous and it does look almost antique.  I love that kind of style and detail.  I also really like filigree on them as well. I was thinking about edible favors but for us it wouldn't have worked because anything we purchase in stores we will have to drive 7 hours to the site.  Thats why we chose something we could ship to my mothers house and we can just throw in a car.  Was thinking something DIY too but again because anything we make we would have to drive up there it wouldn't work. <strong><em>Anyone doing a destination wedding?  I have always wondered things like how do you get the dress there? How about the favors and other things?
    </em></strong>Posted by Hilraythebride[/QUOTE]

I am! Disney World We have it easy because we are driving.  From Il to FL and the dress will be in the backseat, in a pink bag so he can't see it! As for favors: Disney is making choolate Mickey heads for every guest and we will be providing rose petals in paper cones to toss. And welcome bags they will also be in the backseat with my dress! There will only be 20 of us in Disney World so I do not have a lot of welcome bags. And I can assemble them while he is driving.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_wedding-style?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:03b16738-1af0-42a0-a942-af7a99cf0cc1Post:c4ab14aa-b3cc-477f-a20f-019359bcd919">Re: your wedding style</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am Seventh Day Adventist. Normally we do not wear jewerly unless it is a wedding ring. Back in the day our parents exchanged watches. Now Adventist so wear rings. <strong><em>I always wanted a black diamond because they are rare to see as a engagement/ wedding ring. My FI listen to me when siad that. My enagement ring is a 2 carat black diamond ring. My wedding band had black diamonds as well. At some point, I may join you guys with a white diamond. But I am in love with my Black diamonds.</em></strong> As for as favors for wedding guest, I am looking at palm hand fans. The wedding is outdoors at noon. It would look like this with a fushcia or orange handle. Still with sea shells.   <a href="http://www.goodthingsweddingfavors.com/palm-hand-favor-fans-medium-size-set-of-10.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.goodthingsweddingfavors.com/palm-hand-favor-fans-medium-size-set-of-10.html</a>
    Posted by goodine11[/QUOTE]

They sound amazing! Do you have a picture? I would love to see it!
  • acaponi87acaponi87 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2012
    My ring is has a kind of vintage look. It's a Artiste Regal and I LOVE it. My wedding band is very similar to the E-ring..it's just the small diamonds all the way across without the big stone.

Here's our china. I like it better in real life but I'm really happy with it.

We're not doing favors, but a tea infuser is a great idea. I'd love it!
    June 16, 2012
  • edited January 2012
    I'm pretty traditional

Rings:
    China:
    ETA: A Candy buffet will be our favors
  • My style is detailed without being flashy. So you get my E-ring:

My wedding ring:

No china because we have at least two moves ahead of us.
    No favors because I don't like them.
  • I always tell my FI that he got off easy because I didn't want an engagement ring.  I opted for a little more bling on my wedding band, which is currently stashed in my sock drawer.  I can't wait to wear it!

No fine china for us, we have a nice set of PB dishes so we aren't doing china.  Yours is gorgeous though and might make me change my mind :)

We're not doing favors, simply because I wanted to cross something off the list of projects...one less thing to worry about.

• My engagement ring (FI's grandmother's ring)

My wedding ring

No china for us, we have a small apartment and live in the city, so we aren't likely to upgrade any time soon. 

We are doing mini cupcake favors because FI proposed to me on cupcakes :)
  • I wasn't sure I wanted a diamond e-ring at first, but FI convinced me. My ring is simple and elegant (with the smallest certified Canadian diamond possible!) and bezel set, which was really important to me. I didn't want a diamond that would stick up and get caught on stuff. My e-ring and wedding band came as a set and look similar to this pic, except my wedding band doesn't have diamonds on it.
    We didn't register for china (don't really see the point). We'll get a large set of Corelle (I have a big family and they like to visit!) and a few really nice white, square modern-looking plates for FI's culinary masterpieces. He loves to cook fancy stuff!

We're not doing favours.
  • edited January 2012
    I think my E-ring is very unique,I haven't seen another one like it yet. I always wanted three stone ring but didn't want it to look like every other ring. But I do love her lol!

Here's a picture of both my e-ring and wedding band together. I can never get a good picture of my ring. Pictures don't do it justice!

We didn't register for China because I don't really want any.

For favors we are defiantly doing something edible. I really want to do cake pops but it's been hard to talk my FI into them!

I am also having a Destionation Wedding. We are getting married in Las Vegas. So we will be flying from Boston to Las Vegas and I will defianlty be carrying my dress on the plane with me. I could send it there but I don't trust that and would much rather have it in my hand so that I know nothing happens to it. I many have to send a few things there to my DOC but I'm not sure about that yet. My favors will be done in Vegas and dropped off at the hotel, I did that on purpose because I didn't want to have to travel with them.
  • edited January 2012
    My engagement ring is traditional, but unique at the same time. It's a round solitaire, but instead of having a traditional four or six prongs, mine has four double prongs.
    Here's a picture:

For our fine china, I could never settle on a style that I really loved, so we're not registering for any. I did register for a nice every day that's probably just as nice as some people's formal china.

It's Raynaud Osier. They're white porcelain with a basketweave scalloped edge. 

Until I make up my mind on a formal china, we'll just use these for fancy occassion as well, and spice things us with a different accent plate.

I really like the look of this one, so we might eventually go with this:
    We would use this for spring and summer and then have different Christmas china.

ETA: Our favors will be a collection of some of our favorite family recipes and will look like this:

Except I think we're going to use this twine instead:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards