June 2012 Weddings

Posted on Photo board...but what do you think?

To make it short, there's a "girl" I'm a distant friend with who takes absolutely beautiful photos (kids, people, bands, still life, etc...indoor and out). I'm not really into photography and having yet another dust collector, but I would like some photos of my wedding. FI wants to cut budget and photography is one of them. She didn't make it onto my guest list when I was trying to figure out approx. how many people we'd have/invite, but she's a sweet, fun person who I used to go to church and High School with, and is one of my 60 facebook friends. I would negotiate pay and will feed her (since I don't want a bunch of pics of people eating anyway, and it's a nice gesture for not being a professional) but I want opinions before I randomly ask her.

I've added a poll but if you have more to say, please add a comment!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Posted on Photo board...but what do you think?

• I think photography is very important and hirirg a friend will probably be free or extremly cheap. At the end of the day the flowers wilt, the cake disappears, and the venue will come to an end, but what will last forever are the memories. I think pictures preserve your memories better than anything else you purchase for the big event.

June 2012-July Siggy Challenge: Ceremony Venue imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_posted-photo-boardbut-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:057f68dc-f2c1-41aa-bcf6-db04abbb3461Post:fcadabaf-6694-4fe4-9300-999d7e365e30">Re: Posted on Photo board...but what do you think?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think photography is very important and hirirg a friend will probably be free or extremly cheap. At the end of the day the flowers wilt, the cake disappears, and the venue will come to an end, but what will last forever are the memories. I think pictures preserve your memories better than anything else you purchase for the big event.
    Posted by melissa852[/QUOTE]

I completely agree! Pictures are very important to me, especially my wedding pictures. We're thinking of asking a family friend to our wedding, to help save some money and stay in budget.
  • Yes yes! Agreed! I think my older sister is going to do our photography, if she chooses not to be a BM's and if she decides to be a BM's instead I will probably ask both my uncle and my dad (when my dad isn't in the wedding!) Because it will be way cheaper that way, and I know all 3 of them will take the most beautiful photos I have ever seen!

Besides, you never know what she will say until you ask. My dad once told me if you don't ask then it's an automatic no, or you won't be able to do it. But if you do ask there is a better chance of getting a yes or being able to do that thing...
    "Even on my weakest days, I get a little bit stronger."
    http://adkennard.weebly.com/
  • I agree with everyone else.  Even though you say that you're not really into photography, you'll want some way to remember your big day.  Besides, it wouldn't be like you're spending a great deal of money on getting them, so why not just ask?
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_posted-photo-boardbut-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:057f68dc-f2c1-41aa-bcf6-db04abbb3461Post:c59241fe-0355-4b2f-a97d-15cd9e167070">Posted on Photo board...but what do you think?</a>:
    [QUOTE]To make it short, there's a "girl" I'm a distant friend with who takes absolutely beautiful photos (kids, people, bands, still life, etc...indoor and out). I'm not really into photography and having yet another dust collector, but I would like some photos of my wedding. FI wants to cut budget and photography is one of them. She didn't make it onto my guest list when I was trying to figure out approx. how many people we'd have/invite, but she's a sweet, fun person who I used to go to church and High School with, and is one of my 60 facebook friends<strong>.</strong> I would negotiate pay and <strong>will feed her (since I don't want a bunch of pics of people eating anyway, and it's a nice gesture for not being a professional)</strong> but I want opinions before I randomly ask her. I've added a poll but if you have more to say, please add a comment!!!
    Posted by 2012JulyBride[/QUOTE]

It is not a nice gesture it is proper etiquette . I believe it's proper etiquette to to feed vendors at your wedding. Like photographers, DOC Djs and band members. Most venues will give you a discounted meal for vendors.

I would much rather cut out other stuff in the wedding to include photos. While they may collect dust they are printed memories from your wedding.
  • Photos are a must for us. We want to be able to remember our day, and share it with future family. (Like kids and grandkids) We are going to pay someone for the important photos, and have friends and family do the rest.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards