Washington-Seattle
Options

Cost of Wedding Planner around Seattle?

We have a friend who is just starting a wedding planning business and we decided to hire her. She has done a few family weddings before but has not actually done weddings outside of the family. She'll be our day-of-coordinator and will be looking into a florist and a photographer for us. Any suggestions how much we should pay her? Thanks!

Re: Cost of Wedding Planner around Seattle?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would say that because she is new and just doing DOC, + florist, + photographer... maybe something around $500? Has she thrown out a number?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $500 is what some professional go for. I would say more like $300 or so:) Especially depending on what she helps you with. You should draw up a list of day-of -duties then that might help you assign a price.
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes, definitely closer to the $300 price point...i paid $300 for teasha and shannon after they had done about 12 weddings..
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Trisha.  If she had more experience and connections to get you good deals with good vendors, then more towards the normal $500-800 for a DOC, but since she's starting out and getting her feet wet, I would do $200-300.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards