June 2012 Weddings
Options

What are some of your must have reception dance-partyish songs?

We are meeting with the DJ to go over our music must haves and I want to make sure we keep people dancing!

TIA! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What are some of your must have reception dance-partyish songs?

• Options
    SHOUT!

We're greek (as in sorority/fraternity), so it's kind of a requirement.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_what-are-some-of-your-must-have-reception-dance-partyish-songs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:10546052-3c45-453d-95e2-433568a2bf78Post:1a05f19b-4ecc-44b5-b1d7-a5a8d19066cb">Re: What are some of your must have reception dance-partyish songs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]SHOUT! We're greek (as in sorority/fraternity), so it's kind of a requirement.
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]

I'm just curious about what this song has to do with being greek, esp since we're the same sorority!  It's not a song we ever play for anything greek-related.  Actually most people around here sing "The Bills make me wanna SHOUT", especially during football season.  I know they're pathetic but I have to be loyal!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    daria24daria24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_what-are-some-of-your-must-have-reception-dance-partyish-songs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:10546052-3c45-453d-95e2-433568a2bf78Post:e7fad6e5-b0af-41db-bade-90cafc25f0ee">Re: What are some of your must have reception dance-partyish songs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are some of your must have reception dance-partyish songs? : I'm just curious about what this song has to do with being greek, esp since we're the same sorority!  It's not a song we ever play for anything greek-related.  Actually most people around here sing "The Bills make me wanna SHOUT", especially during football season.  I know they're pathetic but I have to be loyal!
    Posted by michellep1[/QUOTE]

<div>Clearly you've never seen Animal House ;)</div><div>
    </div><div>Our dance tastes run a little bit more obscure, but our list includes:</div><div>
    </div><div>Move Your Feet: Junior/Senior</div><div>Starry-Eyed Surprise: Paul Okenfold</div><div>Mr. Blue Sky: ELO</div><div>Banquet:Bloc Party</div><div>Feel Good, Inc: Gorillaz</div><div>Hey Ya!: Outkast</div><div>Laid: James</div><div>Forget You (Cee-lo, the clean version sadly)</div><div>Most Jackson 5 & Michael Jackson songs</div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The wobble and the cupid shuffle!!! and then we live in texas so any country line dancing gets everyone up and dancing all the time.

I don't think dancing will be a problem bc both mine and his families love dancing to anything. we all act like fools!! lol
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_what-are-some-of-your-must-have-reception-dance-partyish-songs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:10546052-3c45-453d-95e2-433568a2bf78Post:e7fad6e5-b0af-41db-bade-90cafc25f0ee">Re: What are some of your must have reception dance-partyish songs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are some of your must have reception dance-partyish songs? : I'm just curious about what this song has to do with being greek, esp since we're the same sorority!  It's not a song we ever play for anything greek-related.  Actually most people around here sing "The Bills make me wanna SHOUT", especially during football season.  I know they're pathetic but I have to be loyal!
    Posted by michellep1[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>It's in Animal House and Wedding Crashers...</div><div>
    </div><div>so maybe it's more of a fraternity thing...
    </div>
  • Options
    aor9487aor9487 member
    First Comment
    We're doing cupid shuffle for sure! FI also threw in a few Michael Jackson songs and we added some LMFAO because the little ones at our reception love dancing around to the upbeat music. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 92 Ready to party!
  • Options
    I had FI come up with the list and these are his must plays (his do not play is much longer):

Journey don’t stop believing
    neil diamond sweet caroline
    "Love You Like a Love Song" by Selena Gomez
    Jay-z & Kanye West - Paris (MUST BE CLEAN)
    Flo Rida Club Cab't Handle Me (MUST BE CLEAN)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Oh yea, and we'll probably have to throw in some Wagon Wheel.
  • Options

Pink - Raise your glass
    Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl
    Flo Rida - Good feeling
    Selena Gomez - Love you like a love song
    Jagged Edge- Let's get married

• Options
    LambbopLambbop member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_what-are-some-of-your-must-have-reception-dance-partyish-songs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:10546052-3c45-453d-95e2-433568a2bf78Post:35473676-9a14-4a02-8043-97826479c347">Re: What are some of your must have reception dance-partyish songs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh yea, and we'll probably have to throw in some Wagon Wheel.
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]

Love this song!! It always makes me think of when I lived in Alaska; so it always makes me cry because I miss Alaska. I'm lame.

We're doing our whole dinner hour in bluegrass :-) I'm pumped.

We requested a lot of classic reception songs that everyone knows:
    "Brick House" by the Commodores 
    "I Would Walk 500 Miles" by the Proclaimers
    "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson 
    "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough" - Michael Jackson
    "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen 
    "Hippy Hippy Shake" by Chan Romero 
    "Fun Fun Fun" by the Beach Boys 
    "Time Warp" from Rocky Horror Picture Show 

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks girls! So many good songs I didnt have on my list until now!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sweet Caroline!!!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards