June 2012 Weddings
Options

Seriously?! (Mini-vent)

We had a GTG with all my BMs yesterday to have a going away GTG for my honorary BM.  She's in the military and is getting shipped out in 2 weeks.

Anyway, to make a long story short, one of my BMs informed me she'll be leaving before dinner at my wedding as she was leaving for the night.  When I asked why she told me she has to drive up north 5.5 hours to attend her FSIL's bachelorette party that same night.  She won't be there until about 1am but didn't get it.  *head desk*  My MOH will be talking to her about it this week. 

I'm really hurt about it and the fact that she's just not getting it.  She's not even close at all to her FSIL but insists she needs to attend the party and therefore miss my reception.  She's my sorority little and we were very close in college.  Over the last 2 years though our relationship has gotten weaker simply from us being busy and not able to talk much.

Re: Seriously?! (Mini-vent)

• Options
    That stinks!  I wonder if she's feeling pressure from her famliy to attend FSIL's bachelorette party.
    Anniversary BFP: 3/5/13 EDD: 11/14/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ohh that sucks. What is your MOH going to say to her?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_seriously-mini-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:12d16a3a-5e1b-46f8-bdc2-04925de5d9a2Post:b4539799-759a-4775-8f80-08894d221b03">Re: Seriously?! (Mini-vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is your MOH going to say to her?
    Posted by Danidawn20[/QUOTE]

I don't know exactly beyond finding out all the details of her going to the party and talking to her about what the BM really thinks is more important to attend that night.
    I don't think she's ever been in a wedding before either so maybe she just really doesn't know?  I wouldn't put it past her.  I also kinda get the feeling that my BM is holding information from me that she doesn't want to talk to me about but she's fine telling my MOH those details.
  • Options
    That sucks, I'm sorry! :( It seems weird that she would bail for a 5.5 hour drive and be really late to a bachelorette party. If they're going out to a bar last call is usually 2:30, at least it is here! You would think that FSIL would've planned around it :/
  • Options
    My little(s) can both be pretty sucky, so I feel your pain on this one. I hope she realizes what a jerk she's being.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_seriously-mini-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:12d16a3a-5e1b-46f8-bdc2-04925de5d9a2Post:a8aa72a0-df7c-471e-aed5-a2f8f77474e2">Re: Seriously?! (Mini-vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seriously?! (Mini-vent) : I don't know exactly beyond finding out all the details of her going to the party and talking to her about what the BM really thinks is more important to attend that night. I don't think she's ever been in a wedding before either so maybe she just really doesn't know?  I wouldn't put it past her.  I also kinda get the feeling that my BM is holding information from me that she doesn't want to talk to me about but she's fine telling my MOH those details.
    Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm sorry that you feel she is holding info from you. Maybe after MOH talks to her, you and her can have a heart to heart on howw her leaving early hurts your feelings. </div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm sorry, that really sucks when you are counting on them to be there for you on your day! You selected them for this honored position and they should know that they have a big reason for being there the whole time.

I'm having similar issues. For a year into the engagement none of my bridesmaids ever brought up the wedding. My MOH who is my cousin finally started getting into gear these last 4 months. :( No one else really has anything to do with it and I have 5 of them. I wish I didn't have to have a bridal party. I feel like it's fake. But FI has 2 brothers and 3 best friends so he insisted on me picking 5 girls. I have 2 sisters but one is 14 and the other is not girlie whatsoever. Anyway with the way things have gone planning the wedding, nothing will surprise me.

So now that you have realized she can be that kind of person, don't be surprised with anything else she does. As long as she makes it through pictures and announcing the bridal party at the reception then it shouldn't be noticable if she left. And you will be so busy and in love that you won't even notice she's gone. ;)
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I hope when your MOH talks to her about it, she can realize that she committed to being there for your day.  I think you're right, since she's never been in a wedding before she may just not realize.  I hope it works out!
  • Options
    I'm sorry, I hope after your MOH talks with her she will realize how important it is to you to stay.
    Anniversary Cruise Ship - Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Ugh!  I hope your MOH can talk some sense into her.  If she's going to be that late for the bachelorette, she's going to miss all the fun parts anyway.  Hopefully your MOH can explain how important to you it is that she's there, and that by agreeing to be a BM she sort of agreed to attend the reception as well....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    that stinks!! I hope your MOH can talk some sense into her and figure out what is going on
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards