June 2012 Weddings

So What's Next ? ! ....

Where do we go from here ? on to The Nest or The Bump ? My Husband and I are currently working on saving for a house but yet not preventing pregnancy either. Whichever comes first I know all will be ok and we'll be very happy. What are your plans after you've said " I Do" ?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: So What's Next ? ! ....

• Bump!

(already got the nest :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Since I started DIYing, my FI asked that exact question 'what are you going to do afterwards?'
    So I pre-planned and searched DIY home projects and the Nest. Although it's a new home, these units go on sale often so there's always competition, therefore I would like to make it that much better with updating lighting, add moulding to mirror, etc. Also, I would like to turn our den which became the 'wedding room' into a guest room.

I've also decided to create my own wedding photo album as I know there's websites that help you create one and will also make smaller versions for my parents.
    Planning Bio Updated June 12/12 Lots of Wedding DIY Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nest! We purchased a house last July, so I guess we are technically already eligible for the Nest.com. (Just not married yet). We want kids but we want to enjoy our time as a married couple for a while and as well as get a few things aligned before we start "trying". Some people think we should not put having a family since we are 31 and 36. I just don't think we are ready yet. I say give it another 2 or 3 yrs.
  • kipnuskipnus member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    FI and I are already having fun making our apartment seem like "ours!" No Bump for us!
  • I don't know if I will hang around any of the boards, but I have been surfing the Nest for years now. I will probably still lurk and occasionally comment on the boards like E and SB. They help make my day at work go by faster.
  • I'm going to head to the Bump next I think.  I'm 33, my FI is 36. We want to start sooner rather than later.
    Anniversary BFP: 3/5/13 EDD: 11/14/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Rikki - Etiquette and Snarky Brides boards (on TK). They're entertaining!
  • I'm getting married next and idk what. I may just stay on E and SB & Christian.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have to get married first. 

I don't see myself posting on TK anymore. I'm pretty much over it already. I might head over to TN, but probably not on TB. By the time we have kids, I'll have plenty of friends that will be pregnant or already have kids, so I won't need an online forum to talk about it on.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_so-whats-next?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:156fa525-86d1-4c15-a235-8254a6693edfPost:9662f41b-c714-4096-ad75-d688b9ff79a4">Re: So What's Next ? ! ....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have to get married first.  I don't see myself posting on TK anymore. I'm pretty much over it already. I might head over to TN, but probably not on TB. By the time we have kids, I'll have plenty of friends that will be pregnant or already have kids, so I won't need an online forum to talk about it on.
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Pretty much.

</div>

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_so-whats-next?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:156fa525-86d1-4c15-a235-8254a6693edfPost:5523bdf6-0d08-423b-aa6a-9810ddca85c3">Re: So What's Next ? ! ....</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and I are already having fun making our apartment seem like "ours!" No Bump for us!
    Posted by kipnus[/QUOTE]
    agree. I haven't even thought about moving on to the bump or the nest yet....
  • BUMP - we both own our own homes.  Mine is for sale since his is bigger & closer to the ocean.  Eventually we will sell his also & buy a house on a lagoon lot.
  • I guess I'll look at TN but we've owned our home for quite a bit now so it might be just for new design inspiration. We'd like to start a family soon but I think I'll wait until I actually have a bump before I start on TB.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The Bump!
  • I surfed the Nest a little bit. I like the recepie and cocktail stuff. I like to host parties so will probably look for boards that have to do with that. We'll be starting to "try" for kids at around the 9 or 10 month mark of being married. But like someone else said pretty much all of my friends are either preggos right now or will be i'm sure by that time or have had 2 or more kids. So the boards will just to keep me entertained during the work hours...
  • Nest - finishing up my licensure in a few months and I have to tell you I love lurking.

Bump - after the licensure we've already set our TTC start date!
    Vacation White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards