June 2012 Weddings

Necklace

I'm not sure whether I want to wear a necklace or not. I have a beautiful pearl necklace from my grandma as my something borrwed. But, I haven't decieded if I like the look of my dress with or without a necklace. I might just wrap it twice as a braclet.

What is everyone else doing....necklace or not?

EDIT: I've added the photo with the necklace on.

Re: Necklace

• I have a necklace.  It's very simple though.  Do you have a pic of your dress so we can see the neckline?

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm not wearing a necklace. I love the look of a strapless dress and a bare neck.

If I get it in time, I might wear a monogrammed necklace at the reception to celebrate my new name...but only for the dancing. Not the first dance or dinner.

• I like the pic with the necklace.  I think it's perfect.
  • I like the necklace.  I think it's really nice to wear it since it came from your grandmother.  I always like to go with sentiment over fashion :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think it looks good with your dress but it would also look good without it.  I like your idea to wrap it as a bracelet! 

I won't be wearing a necklace, but the bodice of my dress is very very detailed so it would be too much. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am in the same boat as you.  My mom offered the pearl necklace and earrings that my grandmother wore at her wedding.  They are beautiful but I am woried about the ivory color against the white of my dress.

I think you look great in the pic with the necklace on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 203 Invited so far!
    image 142 Are ready to party!
    image 61 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • I'm wearing a necklace. My dad went to Japan with his uncle when he was 14 and bought his mom a pearl necklace. After grandma passed away, he got it back and saved it for me to wear on my wedding day. It fits with my dress perfectly. 

Anniversary
  • I like it with the necklace, but it would be beautiful without it as well. Do whichever option makes you more comfortable.

I'm wearing one and I didn't think I would at first. Found the perfect one though.
  • I might not wear one. It depends on what it all looks like.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • "I like the necklace.  I think it's really nice to wear it since it came from your grandmother.  I always like to go with sentiment over fashion :)"

- Ditto
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm doing a simple diamond pendant necklace. I would do something simple
  • I like it with the necklace! :)
    image 145 Invited
    image 121 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image Everyone has finally RSVP'd!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think I'll stick with the necklace, and not wear any braclets in case on the day I decide to switch itto a braclet .
    Thanks everyone
  • I agree that it looks nice with it but for myself I prefer having a bracelet and earrings.
    So I prefer the idea to use the pearl necklace as a bracelet.
    My dress also has a lot of beading at the top and doesn't look good with a necklace.
    Planning Bio Updated June 12/12 Lots of Wedding DIY Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think you found the perfect solution!  Just make sure that you can actually wear it as a bracelet.  I played with a faux - pearl necklace (from FI's dtr's dress up-box) and the pearls were too close together for the clasp to connect as a bracelet.

BTW - Your dress is stunning!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I think the necklace compliments the dress perfectly. Very elegant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards