June 2012 Weddings
Options

Delayed wedding recap!

I totally didn't have any time before the wedding to post a sign off and then we left pretty quickly for the HM so here is my re-cap:
It was TORRENTIALLY raining all day. Lucky for me we didn't plan to do anything outside because it's summer in florida we knew this would be a strong possibility. I had wanted to do first look outside but no go. But my great uncle used to say that when it was raining on a special day then it will be lucky! 
But I was totally calm all weekend leading up to the wedding, so calm my sisters kept asking if I was ok and even day of all of the BM's and my mom were more nervous and frantic then I was. Gettting ready and such went off fine, first look was amazing H started crying when he saw me. We had lots of time for some great pics then we had the Pre-Ceremony stuff. 

In a Jewish wedding before the ceremony the groom lowers the veil on the bride and then they sign the marriage contract. This was super emotional for us, very intimate and the words of the contract my H wrote so they were super personal and very beautiful. 

The ceremony was delayed because of the rain. For two reasons, A: guests were late because people don't know how to drive in the rain. B: I couldn't get out of the limo to walk down the aisle because of how hard it was raining. We had to wait for a break in the storm and then the BM's and I all rushed in. The ceremony itself was beautiful. I remembered what everyone said about it going really fast so I tried to concentrate really hard and take it all in and I feel like I was pretty successful in that.

The reception went great! We had tons of people coming up to us telling us the loved the more causual style of the cocktail reception and so forth. People were dancing the whole time, food was great and so was the decor and lighting and stuff. I don't have pics yet but when I do I'll post!

Oh the HM was great, sun, rum, love, and SLEEP!!!

Re: Delayed wedding recap!

• Options
    Sounds so beautiful! I teared up just reading this. And kudos to you for taking the circumstances out of your control and embracing them. Sounds like the rain played a beautiful part in creating your once in a lifetime experience, and will lend itself to many funny wedding stories for years to come. Mazel tov!
  • Options
    That sounds like an amazing day! (Minus the amount of rain) Congratulations! I wish I had been able to concentrate more on the details of the day too.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards