June 2012 Weddings
Options

NWR question about people (vent)

Do you ever get that feeling at work where you just want to shack someone for being so naive or simply not listening to a word you are saying?  I have that feeling right now. 

Reason number whatever why I want to leave my current job... *head to desk*

Re: NWR question about people (vent)

• Options
    I get that feeling with one our temps... Most of department does, yet we keep this person!!
  • Options
    I'm having that kind of day too. I called fiance and said I was going to quit which he knows I never would quit a job without have another one lined up. I would get to bored and depressed just sitting at home. I hate when people are unstable and yell and bitch so much that you feel like you have to walk on eggshells around them. I hate this job.
  • Options
    Yes.  I'm pretty sure this is why I have yet to have a job I felt I could stay in long-term (aside from the whole in-and-out-of-school thing).  I generally just get frustrated with peoples' intelligence/willingness to listen/improve and give up,
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    I teach high schoolers, so yup, mmroberts, I'm right there with you. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_nwr-question-people-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:2230c5d4-f163-479d-b90a-d48190558966Post:8de06fc4-9f59-4737-89d6-000c85da973e">Re: NWR question about people (vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having that kind of day too. I called fiance and said I was going to quit which he knows I never would quit a job without have another one lined up. I would get to bored and depressed just sitting at home. I hate when people are unstable and yell and bitch so much that you feel like you have to walk on eggshells around them. I hate this job.
    Posted by sweet_melissa81[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way!  That's one of the only reasons I'm still at my current job.  I know the person and I don't tend to agree on things but come on, I know how things run.  I just want to tell him that this is one reason why I got the job and he didn't (he applied for my job but didn't have enough technical experience).  He instead was directed to a postdoc opening the department had.
  • Options
    I know how you feel! We have a deadline tonight and I feel like no one has been listening to me for a whole week.

Just take a deep breath! Hope things get better.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • Options
    Yes, it's even harder trying to deal with people like that when they're several states away. Grown men I work with have to have our boss copied on my e-mails so they'll even OPEN them.
  • Options
    I hear ya! I'm very frustrated with an account I have. It doesn't seem like she's worked with newspaper advertising at all! She doesn't get our prices, sizing, anything. She tried to get us to put Super Bowl in an ad! WE CAN"T DO THAT!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_nwr-question-people-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:2230c5d4-f163-479d-b90a-d48190558966Post:9e189ed5-781a-4d75-8dea-4e1bce517c62">Re: NWR question about people (vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hear ya! I'm very frustrated with an account I have. It doesn't seem like she's worked with newspaper advertising at all! She doesn't get our prices, sizing, anything. She tried to get us to put Super Bowl in an ad! WE CAN"T DO THAT!
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

LOL. I used to work in advertising sales. You mean "The Big Game" gotta love the NFL :)
    Pretty known standard of a very trademarked word.

I feel ya.. last week I wanted to scream at work. I put in a normal request the exact same way to the exact same person and I got all these reasons they couldn't do it... when the reasons had nothing to do with what I was asking. I can't complain too much becuase the job is not horrible and I make pretty good money. Really, I am just waiting till I can apply for a marketing job. Over the whole "Sales" thing :)
  • Options
    I am currently looking for a new job due to a crappy manager. She starts about half of the drama in this building and lets the other employees just keep causing the other half. I am so sick of it. She is going to get her butt sued one of these days. I can work at McDonalds and get paid more and have benefits. I am actually applying there today. I have been here almost 3 years and only make $8/hr. Minimum wage is now $7.75 I believe.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That is one of the reasons I am glad I do not work at my last job no more. Those girls were so rediculous some times it made my head spin. It makes you think how clueless some people could be... lol
    Gary & I camping... We love camping... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know how you feel too! I also always call my FI from work and tell him I'm going to quit. He to knows I wouldn't if I didn't have another job lined up.  I work in a very small salon just my boss and I. I have many issues with the way she runs her business and can't wait to get out of there but don't want to make such a huge change before the Wedding. I will wait till after the wedding then make my final decision.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_nwr-question-people-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:2230c5d4-f163-479d-b90a-d48190558966Post:69ed23f3-0be8-48d0-b131-fc8ceb70990e">Re: NWR question about people (vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I teach high schoolers, so yup, mmroberts, I'm right there with you. 
    Posted by at842205[/QUOTE]

Me too ... I told them yesterday that they would have a quiz today... Several were shocked when i put a quiz on their desk today ... Duhhhhh (palm connects to forehead)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_nwr-question-people-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:2230c5d4-f163-479d-b90a-d48190558966Post:2d4adb24-f902-47d0-ba61-b14ee73b4530">Re: NWR question about people (vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NWR question about people (vent) : LOL. I used to work in advertising sales. You mean "The Big Game" gotta love the NFL :) Pretty known standard of a very trademarked word. I feel ya.. last week I wanted to scream at work. I put in a normal request the exact same way to the exact same person and I got all these reasons they couldn't do it... when the reasons had nothing to do with what I was asking. I can't complain too much becuase the job is not horrible and I make pretty good money. Really, I am just waiting till I can apply for a marketing job. Over the whole "Sales" thing :)
    Posted by kristin183[/QUOTE]
    I really love my job overall and love sales. I put together their campaigns and tell our creative dept what I want and they put it together. But I'm tired of my co-workers and some accounts. It's a student newspaper so it's nice to know some people I don't like will graduate soon lol. They're just so lazy. We work on 10% commission if we hit our quota. If not, it's 6% or 8% if you're above 90%. Some people could care less if they make it and I just don't get it
  • Options
    I'm in healthcare and the patients are fine most days...it's the families and co-workers.

The co-workers don't get when I close my door and hit the "do not disturb" button that I need some SPACE TO WORK!

I also discovered that we do not get merit based or annual raises; so we're also stuck in the same pay rate until...whenever.

The families think that my guys have brain injuries, so they're non-people, stupid and not capable of making any decisions, so I have to make sure they're not stealing from them, taking advantage of them or forcing them to do things they really don't want to do.

Oh; and one more thing...when I leave for the day, I like to be done with work. Please do not call me when I'm not the on-call supervisor to tell me about the crappy sh*t that you're dealing with...I've already done my part and the current on-call supervisor cares more than I do. Well maybe not but at that time, they're paid to care and I'm not; so go away, do your job and I'll take care of your petty complaint tomorrow. If you call me one more time because you ran out of paper towels at 3 am to share, I will not be ok.

/> />>exhausting rant over<<<<
    Vacation White Knot
  • Options
    Oh yes. The only thing that makes it any easier to deal with is being behind cubicle walls
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards