June 2012 Weddings

Lent

Anyone giving up anything for Lent?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Lent

• I am giving up candy and candy bars. I have been indulging way too much lately.
  • I'm giving up being lazy - I'm going to the gym! I'm also giving up candy and sweets.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Chocolate and soda, FI is giving up alcohol.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My grandma used to give up sweets every year. She would force feed them to us instead. haha
  • I am giving up sodas.  It's already been about 3 weeks since I have had any because of surgery but I am going to continue with it because I was getting way out of control with them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 309 Invited so far!
    image 142 Are ready to party!
    image 125 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are driving me crazy!
  • I have decided on coffee and bread. I have also given up not working out, which means I have to work out... lol... so far I have been doing pretty good going everyday so far. I will need to hit up starbucks tonight and have a sandwich for dinner... lol
    Gary & I camping... We love camping... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's always so hard to give something up. Last year I didn't.

I really should give up soda. It's so bad for you.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_lent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:288a7a63-d7c2-4851-8faa-ed82578829b7Post:8e506489-f0d0-4ae8-b804-59e630fffb20">Re: Lent</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have decided on <strong>coffee and bread</strong>. I have also given up not working out, which means I have to work out... lol... so far I have been doing pretty good going everyday so far. I will need to hit up starbucks tonight and have a sandwich for dinner... lol
    Posted by calisel[/QUOTE]

I am impressed! That would be way to hard for mem to give up. I am giving up everything Dunkin Donuts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just decided to give up cookies.  I am such a cookie monster, which is not what I need now lol.  Also need to work out more, and tone up my arms.  I like how some of you are giving up laziness!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_lent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:288a7a63-d7c2-4851-8faa-ed82578829b7Post:8fb41acb-afa3-445f-a4f9-81bc76a816c1">Re: Lent</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lent : I am impressed! That would be way to hard for mem to give up. I am giving up everything Dunkin Donuts.
    Posted by LoveYouB[/QUOTE]

Coffee is always my standard. I usually give it up plus one other thing.

For those who are giving up soda, I did that one year and never drank soda again. Only on a rare occasion will I drink a soda and I wont even finish it.

Good luck to everyone with their sacrifices...
    Gary & I camping... We love camping... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm giving up dessert! It's going to e do hard, but worth it!!
  • I am giving up sweets! I have a huge sweet tooth but know it will be worth it! Does anyone do Sunday as a "cheat day"?

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_lent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:288a7a63-d7c2-4851-8faa-ed82578829b7Post:c6e52f39-35a7-4500-b16b-b8b1d80a2b8e">Re: Lent</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am giving up sweets! I have a huge sweet tooth but know it will be worth it! Does anyone do Sunday as a "<strong>cheat day</strong>"?
    Posted by acn6497[/QUOTE]

I've done this before!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm giving up unnecessary spending. I have a problem with that... Unfortunately, I just found out we're having a handset derby next week at our product launch party and I'm going to have to buy a little tube of white paint. I can say that it's work-related spending, right??
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • I have too! I kinda want to see if I can go the whole time without cheating but really scared I wont be able too...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_lent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:288a7a63-d7c2-4851-8faa-ed82578829b7Post:c32d0c1b-e3c9-45c7-b6be-d7b9528b5708">Re: Lent</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm giving up unnecessary spending. I have a problem with that... Unfortunately, I just found out we're having a handset derby next week at our product launch party and I'm going to have to buy a little tube of white paint. I can say that it's work-related spending, right??
    Posted by L&J2012[/QUOTE]

<div>I am also giving up unneccessary spending...two of my work shoes have broken this week so I have decided I can buy new ones if I get rid of three other pairs. At least then I won't have so very much stuff.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not just for Lent, but I have been working on reducing my caffeine intake.
  • I'm giving up coffee and sweets (excpet for wedding cake testing). This first week without coffee is going to be ROUGH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards