June 2012 Weddings

Engagement story time!

2»

Re: Engagement story time!

• We were walking around at a Gem and Mineral show and I was looking at various cut stones most of the day. Chris asked me which ones I liked best and I pointed to a lot of tanzanite, sapphires, and amethysts. I ultimately fell in love with a blue diamond. At one booth, we found various settings and Chris agreed to buy me a ring "just because". After looking at various stones and settings for over an hour, we agreed on a ring together that I thought was a "just because" ring. After watching the setting being buffed, polished, and the gem set he let me wear the ring for a few hours. Once I was fully attached and in complete love with the ring, he took it to "re-clean it" for me and "make it really shine". Later that night, we were playing a video game together that he edited to check the settings. After getting frustrated with the lag on my computer, he came over to "look at it". While he was down on one knee he told me he loved me and wanted to be with me for the rest of his life. As he pulled out the ring he asked if I would marry him. With one of the biggest smiles ever on my face I of course said yes.
  • Ours was also post sex. We had gotten a hotel room for the day since he just got back from basic training and we spent 4 months apart. Well not to be too tmi but it hurt to have sex and I felt bad we got a room and everything and it was my fault blah blah blah lol. I told him I'm sorry I ruined the day and he said you didn't, but you know how you can make it better? He pulled me to the edge of the bed, got the ring out of the end table, and said "you can say yes. Will you marry me?" It was absolutely perfect
  • We started the day at a soccer tournament for the county he works for as the sports writer. Then he had to cover a charity event for the paper so he conned be into dressing up for it even though it was just at a park. We had lunch there, hung around for a while and then left to go to Octoberfest downtown.

He asked if I wanted to swing by TJ Maxx first because I used to work at a different one and love it. Really, he was just conning me into the same building as the Carew Tower so he could take me up there without my knowledge.

Once we got up there, he gave me a quarter to look through the binoculars at KY and said he'd be right back. He gave his fancy camera to some random guy to take pictures of us, came back and told me he had something for me. Got down on one knee, poured his heart out and asked me to marry him.

Then he wrote about it in the paper! Booyah!
  • We were on vacation in Vermont in the dead of winter.  I had no idea that he was going to propose, even though people swore he was going to, since I always said "no vacations or holidays!"

It was the morning after we arrived... he had a hot air balloon ride scheduled which I begged him to cancel since I hate heights and I am terrified of fire.  He refused to cancel it and said it would be one of the best times of our lives.  He wasn't kidding.

8am on 02/18/2012 we were in a hor air balloon over Quechee Gorge and he asked me to marry him.  He really didn't have to bring me 5,000 feet in the air, I would have been fine on the ground.  The best part is that the balloon pilot knew about the proposal and was ready with his camera for when fi asked me. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2012
    FI and I actually took our very first vacation together to Disney World in December of 2010. I had a very strong idea that the proposal was coming (he kept playing with my ring finger in the months leading up to the trip). Our second full day there we headed to the Magic Kingdom. When we got to the park I asked if he wanted to grab something to eat, but he said he couldn't eat right then. We slowly walked down Mainstreet USA, stopping to take photos with the photopass people as we went. When we got up to the castle we headed to the Rose Garden (the front of the castle was blocked off for the filming of the Christmas Day parade).

We posed for a few pics with the photopass photographer, then FI went and gave her his camera. He came back and I could hear his heart pounding. He turned to me and asked if he had told me he loved me yet today and then went into a speech, dropped to one knee, and proposed. We have pictures of the entire thing (see sig pic)!

Afterwards, we called to tell everyone. They all knew. FI couldn't keep a secret. At all. He had told everyone. Sill nice to make those calls though :)
  • Hmmm ours didn't go the way he'd planned, but it was still cute.  We'd bought the ring together about 6 weeks before and I knew he had it in his drawer and I kept pestering him about it.  He really wanted to do something big and romantic (suprise me with the holiday we wanted to take), but after dicussing his plan with my mom, he changed his mind.....I am great at ruining surprises and it was too much of a risk that I'd ruin this one!

So I had a statistics midterm the next day and had spent all day studying and  then making this fancy dinner that we'd discussed making and I was exhausted and gross and in my sweats and he lit some candles at the dinner table which I thought was weird cause we usually just eat on the couch.  then he brought out a gift bag which I thought was even stranger cause he never gives me presents for no reason.  

Anyways I opened it and it was a bathing suit and the tag on the bag said "this entitiles you to one holiday in the sun".  I thought it was cute, said thanks and went back to eating dinner.  He kept looking really agitated and asked me to look at it again and then to check and make sure the size was right.  I kept saying I'd do it after dinner.  Finally he told me to check out the cool straps it came with and I gave in and went to open the bag with the straps in it and found the ring.  I think by that point, he was so exasperated, he never actually asked the question, and I was just embarrassed about being so thick, and he was embarrassed for hiding it in a stupid place (I never wear the straps so I usually just throw the bag out...).  At least we were both still super excited and rushed off to my parents house to tell them.  We laugh about it all the time now!

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards