June 2012 Weddings
Options

Vent!

I'm going to apologize now for venting in a separate vent (I think that's the drill on Thursdays) but I don't have time to find the thread.  I'm waiting for FI to get home then we are leaving to go to our Valentine's dinner.  We are getting a complimentary dinner at the restaurant that the chef of my venue owns since they don't do tastings.

Anyways, if you remember a while back I found out that my aunt scheduled my cousin's shower the same day as mine then was very stubborn and adamant that they couldn't change it.  It was at the clubhouse at my aunt's condo complex.  Originally when we found out she told my mom that they hadn't set a time yet because my mom suggested maybe making it sometime in the afternoon (mine is brunch and has been booked since last summer).  The next time my mom talked to her (a few days later) she said there was no way to change the time because invitations had already been printed (mine had also been printed). 

Well....I got the invitation today....it's not at her condo complex and it's at 11:30.  I'm so aggrivated with her right now because she said there was absolutely no way to change it then she goes and changes the venue altogether?  I called my dad and told him and he was pretty annoyed but he is not confrontational so he won't say anything to his sister.  He told me not to tell my mom and to see her reaction when she sees it.  I called my aunt (my mom's sister) who is helping with my wedding a ton and told her and she flipped out.  Ugh, the drama!  Thanks for letting me get out a quick (longish) vent.

Re: Vent!

• Options
    WOW! what's that Aunt's problem!! Seriously, people need to grow up!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    That is just so rude and selfish!!  I can't believe she would do that to you knowing that was your shower day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "A wedding is a day, a marriage is a lifetime"
  • Options
    What the hell?! I'm sorry, I just don't understand some people! Why is she being so difficult about it? I would be livid if I was you. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    your aunt is a witch, seriously, it sounds like she is trying to see who will be the "favorite" one by having family come to her daughters shower. 

I hope your invitations have gone out already otherwise you will get screwed because people usually go to whichever one they received first. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just don't understand some people. This sucks. Hopefully anyone withh both invites will come to the one they already knew about. Don't let it ruin your dinner tonight!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_vent-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:3b20b426-f51b-4fcd-8ea4-d29212ef7557Post:b32b1c4b-a83a-425e-801c-b9bad0dcea59">Re: Vent!</a>:
    [QUOTE]your aunt is a witch, seriously, it sounds like she is trying to see who will be the "favorite" one by having family come to her daughters shower.  <strong>I hope your invitations have gone out already otherwise you will get screwed because people usually go to whichever one they received first. 
    </strong>Posted by sweetcanadian1979[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is...mine got sent out late in the day on Valentine's Day so people probably got them today or will tomorrow.  The rest of my dad's side of the family knew about the issue so they were aware that they were either going to have to make a decision or choose not to go to either so that the wouldn't have to choose favorites.  They were choosing not to go to either because that was a tough decision to make.....but that was all before the venue changed.  It was no secret before that it was at the clubhouse.  My mom called my dad's cousin tonight to find out her thoughts and is waiting for a call back. She's been pretty much on mine and my mom's side from the get-go because my aunt and my cousin haven't treated her very well in the last few years.

Anyways, I told my mom to look at the invitation and call me when she saw it.  She said she threw the invitation at my dad and said "your sister is an a-hole".  Also keep in mind that this is the cousin that got engaged a month after me and told me not to worry that she would steer far away from June because everything was booked on my end and now she's getting married April 28th which puts our OOT uncle in a bad position since we only see him once every few years but he's supposedly coming for both.

But on another note.....it didn't ruin our dinner....it was delicious and we got soooooooo much food for $23 (my 2 glasses of wine and our dessert).
  • Options

at least she is not in the month of june, there is one on the etiquette board who has a cousin always trying to "1 up" her & wants her weekend.

I don't get how people can be so stupid, honestly i don't. Whether i likes my family or not i would never plan something on another day there is an event, never.

I am glad you had a great dinner :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards