Washington-Seattle

Sugaring vs Waxing

Which is better? From people who have actually done it!

Re: Sugaring vs Waxing

• meganhardanmeganhardan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have only done sugaring, but I have a lot of friends who have done both--and all of them have switched to sugaring.  They say it's a lot less painful and less messy than waxing.  Grow back is the same for both from what I've heard.

My advice--pop a couple advil or something a few hours before your appointment, whichever one you decide on :)
  • zoiesmurfzoiesmurf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to beauty school, so have quite a bit of experience with both. Small areas are better with wax because it's less messy, but large areas are better with sugar. Sugar is also better for sensitive skin and helps with ingrown hairs. Smile
    December 2011 Weddings September Siggy: Shoes
    Vintage shoes I found at an antique store about 10 years ago :)

CIMG0051

Retro/Vintage Siggy Challenge: Favorite Vintage Movie
    sabrina

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I've also only sugared - I hyped it up so much in my head the first time that I was amazed when it didn't hurt like I expected.  The second time I went I underhyped it a bit, so it hurt more than I remembered the first time.  Go figure... :)

And I second the recommendation of popping ibuprofen beforehand.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dreamwindsdreamwinds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sugaring is so much less painful than waxing in my opinion.

My go to place is Sugar Sugar in Green Lake. :)
    imageLilypie Maternity tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I've done both. But i've only done sugaring to my legs (which are sensitive) and they both hurt equaily as much. It could be because I heard sugaring was suppose to be less painful so I was expecting it to not hurt... that was stupid. so to me, they both hurt just as much.
  • Frogger5Frogger5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Sugar Sugar, too - but really, both are pulling out the hairs at the root, so really, both are going to hurt. I can deal with it in small areas, but the bikini area . . . I don't know what to do except I am looking into laser hair removal - has anyone done this already?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards