June 2012 Weddings
Options

June 30th Wedding Recap! (PIP!)

The day was absolutely perfect. There were very few hiccups, unless you count the official having to pause for like 30 seconds during the ceremony due to an ambulance driving by with its sirens and dancing starting late because people were super slow getting ready.

My BMs and their mother picked us up at 7:30 for hair and makeup. While we were there she ran off to find two pink roses for the rose exchange, since I found out Friday we needed to get them ourselves. We had snacks and magazines and we had fun. For our of there right on time.

Arrived at the mansion at 1:30, right when the photographer got there. The chairs and arch were being set up and everything looked gorgeous. It was supposed to be like 90 degrees but it probably only ended up being maybe 82 with a lovely breeze, and there were just a few clouds in the sky.

Had lunch while the photographer took detail shots, and then we got dressed and took some pictures with the BMs and my parents. Then we sat around and waited until 4. We didn't do a first look, but we did hold hands through a door and I slipped him the rings and a note. He said he had the hardest time not crying when he was reading it walking down the stairs. I started getting nervous, because of the whole being the center of attention thing.

Ceremony started on time, it looks like people took advantage of the lemonade and iced tea. I was fine until I started reading my vows, but when I saw H's eyes welling up I had to stop and collect myself.

Pictures took almost the entire cocktail hour, but we got all our shots and we did get to enjoy a fajita. Reason why dinner was late was because H's uncle brought his Ferrari around and we took a couple pictures in there and people were ogling.

We were introduced and it sounded awesome. Sat down and had dinner, and another reason why dancing was late was because our DoC let us go around to every table. Cake cutting was a frosting fest and I hope they got good pictures! First dance was a shortened version, which we approved since the original is 6 minutes long.

Dancing was fun! Towards the end people went outside on the steps, but we got them back in for Sweet Caroline, Don't Stop Believing, and our last dance.

Again, it was a perfect day! H and I were exhausted at the end of it, but we're so happy. Everyone complimented my dress and hair and makeup and the food seemed to be a hit. The only little hiccup was that the venue is called something else now that it's owned by a university (originally called a Mansion), and some people went to a different mansion a couple blocks away.
Here are a few guest photos:

Photobucket Anniversary

Re: June 30th Wedding Recap! (PIP!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards