July 2012 Weddings
Options

Thank you card...

Well, I decided to rant about dollar dances I don't care for them but I see how they can be a cultural thing on the etiquette board today so I probably won't be showing my face on there for a while...anyways I'm off topic. I received a gift today from my colleagues signed only "company team" not individually. If all of them chipped in that would be 13 of them and I really don't know if all of them did Do I send them all a thank you card? There isn't a bulletin board or anything for me to put a card on addressed to everyone. Thanks guys!
weddingcake-1

Re: Thank you card...

• Options
    I just stalked your thread on the E Board. I LOVE how worked up everyone gets on that board. it always makes for some great reading!

Anyway, that's really tricky...I would suggest doing a joint card and posting it somewhere for everyone to see since you REALLY don't know who exactly contributed. You said you don't have a bulletin board, what about your fridge? that's what we do in my office....or perhaps you could just hang it up somewhere that everyone would see? We also do a distribution list in my office where everyone names/initials are on a piece of paper attached to something that is meant to be passed around the office. You hand it to someone, they check it out, they cross their initials off of the list, and pass it on to the next person.
  • Options
    I saw your thread earlier. A lot of those girls on the E board get too worked up over things and see everything as black and white. They will never change their opinions.

Regarding this post, I agree with PPs. My office does the same things as butterflys. I've even seen people write a general thank you card and everyone just passes it around without a name list.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options
    Our company or school actually carpools to a company and we all go in on different days, so there really is nowhere to put a thank you note.

Here (in italy) the bride hands out 5 sugared almonds in a cute little package to those people not invited to the wedding.  I didn't want to do this because that usually means that you are expecting a present from people.  Being that they already gave me a present FI says I can give them these (and this way I'll just give one to all of them without excluding anyone.)  Does that sound stupid? 

Thanks guys (for the advice and for understanding my earlier posting stpidity)!! 

And Schatzi I understand why they get worked up over cash bars, paying for like 6 drinks could get expensive.  But a dollar for a dance (that no one forces you to do), come on!  Maybe if I saw them often, I'd feel differently. 
    weddingcake-1
  • Options
    Just wanted to say- I too stalked the thread on the etiquette board- those girls are mean! "You should get a hobby..." wow. She might know proper etiquette but does not have good manners
    Follow me on pinterest (I do not know how to make that nice red button thing): http://pinterest.com/lizporter17/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_thank-you-card?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:40089455-6dc3-4bd1-934f-85f28efbe562Post:f6a218c4-a280-48cc-85ff-4bb6457ee540">Re: Thank you card...</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're unsure about the almond thing, <strong>could you ask an Italian friend who is invited to your religious ceremony</strong>? Otherwise, I'd go with what your FI says. It's his culture, so he'll know more on that tradition than we will :) <strong>If it's only a buck, how much are they getting? A couple plates' worth of costs recouped</strong>? Huh.
    Posted by Schatzi13[/QUOTE]

Good idea! 

Some people (close friends and family, maybe) give more. 
    weddingcake-1
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_thank-you-card?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:40089455-6dc3-4bd1-934f-85f28efbe562Post:4cbe87ca-2540-477c-b6ad-91c663cf3f35">Re: Thank you card...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our company or school actually carpools to a company and we all go in on different days, so there really is nowhere to put a thank you note. Here (in italy) the bride hands out 5 sugared almonds in a cute little package to those people not invited to the wedding.  I didn't want to do this because that usually means that you are expecting a present from people.  Being that they already gave me a present FI says I can give them these (and this way I'll just give one to all of them without excluding anyone.)  Does that sound stupid?  Thanks guys (for the advice and for understanding my earlier posting stpidity)!!  And Schatzi I understand why they get worked up over cash bars, paying for like 6 drinks could get expensive.  But a dollar for a dance (that no one forces you to do), come on!  Maybe if I saw them often, I'd feel differently. 
    Posted by Nancy00714[/QUOTE]

I love that idea!!  I love hearing about different cultures!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards