June 2012 Weddings

Pre-wedding health issues :(

For 3 days now, I've had a gland in my neck that has been SO sore. I've had sore glands, but never this bad. I've had to take tylenol every 4 hours just to be able to move my neck normally. My neck is showing a bit of swelling, but I'm really concerned that it's going to balloon up into freakish status at any minute. I don't have any other symptoms of an infection, so I don't know why I'm in so much pain from the gland. I'm heading to the doctor today, and I'm secretly hoping I'll need medication that will magically make it better before Saturday because I already waited 3 days for it to get better, and it hasn't. I didn't pay an arm and a leg for a photographer to capture photos of me with a swollen neck :( Just needed to vent!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Pre-wedding health issues :(

• You you think the days leading up to the wedding has you swallowing hard from nervousness, causing the swollen glands? I know that is a really simply theory but stress does strange things to people. I hope you feel better in time for your wedding! I am also getting married on Saturday. I cannot believe it is six days away. So much left to do!
  • If anything, I think it could be caused by stress. I've worked 20+ hrs in overtime in the last week trying to get everything finished up for my vacation time, so I've definitely been running in high gear and am starting to get worn out. I've been with FI for 8 years and we've got 2 children together, so I'm definitely not nervous in the least to finally be walking down the aisle - but stressed about everything else? Yup lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So my glands get super swollen when I'm even the slightest bit sick or stressed out, so I totally know what you're going through. Normally on top of taking medicine, I'll use a chloraseptic spray (the kids kind so it's grape and tastes good), and it works wonders. Try to make sure you get some good sleep too. That normally helps me more than anything else...as well as making sure you hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!!
  • I don't really have any advice but I wanted to say good luck with this!  You definitely don't need it on top of the wedding/work stress; I hope your doctor can give you a solution!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hope it's just stress, but even if it is an infection, antibiotics should get rid of it in time.  Good luck!
    Anniversary BFP: 3/5/13 EDD: 11/14/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • kipnuskipnus member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I hope you feel better soon! If your glands are still swollen, I'm sure the photographer you're paying an arm and a leg for will be able to hide it with the right camera angles and editing. :)
  • Steroid shots usually work pretty well! Hope you're better soon!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Gosh, keep us posted. Stress does do crazy things, so maybe it has just exasserbated (sp?) the situation.  I too am a June 23rd bride - my stress washed away week, I'm just hoping it does not come back this week.
  • You're ran down, tired, and stressed! get some rest girl! I hope the doctor is able to give you something that will make the swelling go down!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards